Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a brief introduction to the hiring manager, then a one hour assignment to complete. After the assignment, there was a one hour interview with three people from the team.
    The assignment is done with Visual Studio in C#. The task is to create a small data entry form, and have it submit to a database (SQL Server). The focus of the job description was AngularJS, so prepare for both.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about programming patterns (very open question).   1 Answer

User Experience Designer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, good interview with department head, then nothing for over a month. No reply to follow up email i sent. HR recruiter called me 6 weeks later, and i said i was not impress with the lack of courtesy regarding no follow up, or reply to my email, and wasn't sure i wanted to work at such an organization. I would have to be convinced to work there.

Got apology over linkedin, not email.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a simple 2 v 1 interview process. The actuarial recruiter and the department director both interviewed me. They asked me things about my resume and what experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Equitable Life.   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very generalized process, no specifics need to ask, for full details. Need to fully explain the Agile process as it is different form the regular work environment for most developers

Interview Questions

• HR interview - Describe a situation where your experience was not taken in to account when buying a new product or tool to help the group   Answer Question

UW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

When you arrive, you will meet your selection board (usually two or three people, including the supervisor of the position and a representative of Human Resources). The team leader will tell you what to expect, and will explain that the board will be recording your answers for later review. Don't let this recording process distract you—it’s a normal part of the interview and necessary to make a complete assessment later on.