Equity Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.4

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equity Residential (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the San Francisco office. The recruiter was there to basically just make sure I was qualified and make sure there weren't any red flags. The recruiter then set me up with a regional manager who interviewed me as well. The interview was just to get a sense for each and see if it would be a good fit, personality-wise.

Interview Questions

• Why Real Estate? Why Equity Residential?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

was friendly and more like a conversation. the interviewer had specific questions about the job what showed that he knew exactly what he was looking for. All questions were related to my job experience and he made me feel very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• basically asking questions about my background, every day routine, unsuspected situations procedures, what to do in emergency cases, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very happy with their offer in term of salary and benefits. Also I was happy with the schedule they offered me.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Began with scheduling a phone interview, first round. Second round was an in-person interview with the Director. The interview process happened in December so there were more days of waiting due to the holidays, but was kept well-informed. Had a detailed discussion about methods of accomplishing main responsibilites, about work habits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to get creative and/or find a workaround to a particular challenge.
      I was asked about metrics measuring my performance in my current position.
      1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was basically a cattle call. I ended up taking the bus from New Jersey into Manhattan which took about an hour then walked over twenty blocks to get to some building where the interviews were being held. When I arrived Equities hiring manager spoke to me for about two seconds then handed me off to a maintenance guy who while was very nice hadn't much of a clue how to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• How are you on the computer?   1 Answer

Equity Residential Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience. The concierge positions in New York are highly sought after roles, making it impossible for us to meet every person who applies ... More

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equity Residential in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and used an employee referral. I got a phone interview and was invited to an in person interview with 2 of their very nice recruiters. The interview consisted to pretty baisc interview questions that related to the position and your previous experience. Overall good interview, it taught me a few things.

Interview Questions

• what are 3 qualities you believe a leasing consultant should have?   Answer Question

Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on Internet in their webpage was a job posting one of their buildings, so they sent me a email to invite me to a job fair interview in the same building I applied, was fast and asking to many questions, they will review my interview to have a second interview if I like my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why you want work for us?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any schedule restrictions or any day you can't work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me more about yourself?   1 Answer
    • You have reliable transportation to come to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any salary requirements?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Very positive experience, interviewed with Regional Manager. Asked me a few tricky questions to determine wether or not I was a good fit or knew about some basics of the business

Regional Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Augusta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with Human Resources at the Corporate office in Chicago. I was told they would make selections for an in-person interview in about two weeks. Today is two weeks and I haven't heard back from them yet. The person I interviewed with contacted me by email and set up a time for a phone interview the next week. She called me promptly at the interview time.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was very professional and put me at ease right away. She had obviously read my resume and asked me specific questions about my accounting experience, what I thought were my strengths and weaknesses, and about gaps in my work experience. The interviewer was well prepared and asked the usual job interview questions. I think we talked for about 20 minutes - I didn't feel rushed and felt like she was able to learn enough about me to determine if I would be a good fit for this company/this position. I hope to have the opportunity to go for an in-person interview.   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was inviting. Which is not common practice. I felt like they really wanted me as a employee. I was able to really convey who I was and feel no pressure on get answers right or wrong.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to job fair. I was interviewed by a Community Manager in Alexandria, VA. There were a lot of other applicants as well. Typical interview questions. I felt that I had a really great interview. Fairly easy interview.