Equity Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equity Residential Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.4

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Very thorough interview process, I was asked very detailed questions regarding my experience and the job I was interviewing for. In the interview they had the recruiter who contacted me initially and a manager from the sites. I think this is smart since the recruiter is not always someone who has on-site experience and this offers valuable insight into whether someone can handle the demands of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not reach a goal and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i was contacted by a recruiter through indeed, interviewed twice over the phone and once in person, received an offer then had to wait for the background check and drug screen results

Interview Questions

• how could i apply the skills in my previous work history to this position.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process from start to finish was very professional. It started with a phone call gauging my interest in the company, and just a general questionnaire. I was then brought in for an interview with one of the recruiters/hiring managers; during this face to face interview, he gave me a very detailed job description of what would be expected of me, company standards, and opportunities. It was pleasant, yet professional interview, that set the standard for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about equity residential? What do you bring to the table? How are your prior experiences relative to this position? What do residents needs or expect?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Redmond, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple, basic questions nothing out of the ordinary. I had a phone screen which the recruiter asked basic questions and then I moved forward to interview with the community manager. The interview wasn't different from the phone screen. The questions weren't the same but they didn't change in difficulty. Mainly a lot of behavioral and personality questions.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with Equity Residential for a different position, but I noticed that the HR Coordinator opportunity was open, so I decided to pursue that opportunity instead.

The phone interview was basic. An in-depth description of the company and the position. Additionally, the woman I spoke with on the phone asked a few basic questions to ensure I was ok with the requirements of the position.

I went in for an in-person interview a few weeks later, and I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with the hiring manager and recruiter. I am waiting to hear back about the status of my application.

Unfortunately, I did not receive a job offer from Equity Residential for this position (lack of HR Experience), but I received a wonderful phone call from the hiring manager. She explained the situation and told me that I would be a great fit for their organization. The hiring manager asked if I was interested in another position, so I may interview for a field position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Equity Residential? Tell me about a time you dealt with conflict. What would your previous supervisor say your strengths and weaknesses are? Are you familiar with our culture? How do you handle constant change? How do you handle a heavy workload? How do you handle stress, and what stresses you out?   Answer Question

Leading Consultant Interview

Interview

Waste of time. They are just tasting the waters by getting on the phone with you. Waste both of our time. Thank you for that. I am inspired to grow into property management but JUST having a phone interview does no justice in expressing that.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equity Residential (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the San Francisco office. The recruiter was there to basically just make sure I was qualified and make sure there weren't any red flags. The recruiter then set me up with a regional manager who interviewed me as well. The interview was just to get a sense for each and see if it would be a good fit, personality-wise.

Interview Questions

• Why Real Estate? Why Equity Residential?   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

was friendly and more like a conversation. the interviewer had specific questions about the job what showed that he knew exactly what he was looking for. All questions were related to my job experience and he made me feel very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• basically asking questions about my background, every day routine, unsuspected situations procedures, what to do in emergency cases, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very happy with their offer in term of salary and benefits. Also I was happy with the schedule they offered me.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Began with scheduling a phone interview, first round. Second round was an in-person interview with the Director. The interview process happened in December so there were more days of waiting due to the holidays, but was kept well-informed. Had a detailed discussion about methods of accomplishing main responsibilites, about work habits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to get creative and/or find a workaround to a particular challenge.
      I was asked about metrics measuring my performance in my current position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a twenty-minute phone interview with the recruiter. She was very polite, courteous and engaged during the call. She asked typical questions and by the end said I would get a call from the property for a second round. At the property I was interviewed by two people who asked about my background, customer-service questions and sales questions. I was then extended an offer within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset resident who demanded a concession?   Answer Question