Equity Residential Leasing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.3

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online through a job board site I received a call from their HR person who asked me a few questions regarding why I was interested, asked me about my work history, etc. She the asked me to come to a face to face interview with a manager from a different location than the one I was applying for. We had a really fun interview. They were very personable and made me relax. The questions were situational /behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to juggle competing and conflicting priorities. What did you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Equity Residential

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and laid back. Intereviewer seemed perfectly content simply getting a feel for my personality, rather than harping on specific qualifications. Was very positive and we both shared time speaking.

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Hayward, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews before being offered the job a guy called to schedule the interview from their recruiting sector he was very pleasant and polite phone interview was awesome we giggled like school girls she was from corporate very upbeat and positive she called me the following day to follow up with a second interview in person with a property manager and my phone interviewer on a skype call at their corporate office in SF both were very kind Everyone I came in contact with in the building greeted me and smiled. Very comfortable atmosphere I was very nervous this is a new career for me but they made me feel welcomed

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the company?   1 Answer
    • If you can change anything about your previous positions, what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted to work closer to home but I didn't even have to vocalize it! During my second interview the property manager said "I see you live far and don't drive, we have positions near your home sonits less of a commute" And they dropped down the Skype call revealing a map where he typed in my location and delivered my daily estimated commute time. I really felt they cared for me as a person and not just an applicant.

My advice is to just be yourself they are looking to hire diversity and there is only one of you so your already wining! Good luck out there on your job hunts!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed a phone interview, then an in person interview. The whole process was completed in about a week and I found out the next day that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about commission and performance based work?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Very thorough interview process, I was asked very detailed questions regarding my experience and the job I was interviewing for. In the interview they had the recruiter who contacted me initially and a manager from the sites. I think this is smart since the recruiter is not always someone who has on-site experience and this offers valuable insight into whether someone can handle the demands of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not reach a goal and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i was contacted by a recruiter through indeed, interviewed twice over the phone and once in person, received an offer then had to wait for the background check and drug screen results

Interview Questions

• how could i apply the skills in my previous work history to this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a twenty-minute phone interview with the recruiter. She was very polite, courteous and engaged during the call. She asked typical questions and by the end said I would get a call from the property for a second round. At the property I was interviewed by two people who asked about my background, customer-service questions and sales questions. I was then extended an offer within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset resident who demanded a concession?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equity Residential in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and used an employee referral. I got a phone interview and was invited to an in person interview with 2 of their very nice recruiters. The interview consisted to pretty baisc interview questions that related to the position and your previous experience. Overall good interview, it taught me a few things.

Interview Questions

• what are 3 qualities you believe a leasing consultant should have?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to job fair. I was interviewed by a Community Manager in Alexandria, VA. There were a lot of other applicants as well. Typical interview questions. I felt that I had a really great interview. Fairly easy interview.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Was referred by an EQR employee to apply online. Had a phone interview then an interview at hiring property which included standard interview questions and a writing skills test. I sent for a drug test and they ran a background check. Once everything was clear they emailed me my offer letter and start date.