Era Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Era Living

3.8

Administrative Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Incredibly long and drawn out. From phone interview to final decision it was about 2.5 months. I did a half hour phone interview, an hour long on-site interview, a two-hour-long interview with their corporate office and another on-site interview that took about an hour and a half. After my interview with corporate they decided to hire an internal candidate for the first location (despite telling me explicitly that they didn't have an internal candidate) and wanted me for a different location that was going to require a separate interview. After each interview it was about a week in between without any communication. They gave me a job offer after 8 weeks but only told me at that point that I would need to cover my tattoos at all times. (I have small tattoos on my wrists.) This was not mentioned at any point in the interview process where I had them visible for a total of about 4 hours in person - and I've found out since then that they have many employees with visible tattoos.

Overall I feel like I got jerked around a lot and the process was incredibly draining and stressful only to have my offer be contingent on an issue that I wasn't anticipating. I turned down the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who you needed to reprimand multiple times? Role play.   Answer Question

They gave me a job offer but only told me at that point that I would need to cover my tattoos at all times. (I have small tattoos on my wrists.) This was not mentioned at any point in the interview process where I had them visible for a total of about 4 hours in person - and I've found out since then that they have other employees with visible tattoos.

Culinary Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Era Living (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very slow and drawn out over six weeks, with periods of not knowing progress on a week to week basis. Unclear about status during the process. They did not check references until they dragged me through 5 weeks of time consuming interviews. There seemed to be a disconnect between the community I interviewed with and the home office downtown which was concerning given the care giving envronment this position embraced.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company ?   1 Answer

Era Living Response

Jan 4, 2016 – HR Generalist

Thank you for submitting a review on your recent interview experience. We value your feedback. At Era Living, we are committed to providing prospective candidates the opportunity to meet with a... More

See What Era Living Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “- The residents are truly amazing. Each one I worked with touched my heart in their own unique way, and I still remember all of them. The stories and lessons I learned from these residents...”“- The residents are truly amazing. Each one I worked with touched my heart in their own unique way, and I still remember all of them. The stories and lessons I learned from these residents will forever stay with me, and have inspired me to do great things with my life - Some good coworkers who were passionate for treating the elderly with care and compassion, most of these good coworkers are here for short-term w/ hopes of ending up somewhere else - Free food, but what food service place of employment doesn't offer that?” – Full Review