Ericsson-Worldwide Engineer IV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ericsson-Worldwide Engineer IV Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX).

Interview

Hiring was via recruiting company. Interview was informal and one-on-one with different managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Mountain View, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I had 6 interviews starting with the recruiter, HR, the Director, Manager, and 2 similar level Team members. The interviews covered 40% work history, and 60% technical understanding and direct problem solving. The recruiter asked technical terms, work history, and expected salary up front. HR seemed more interested in the logistics of the "let's get you in for an interview" than in seeing if I was a good fit for the post, and left that to the hiring manager. I was actually disappointed that HR did not work more aggressively to see if this was the best fit for me. The interview with the Director was the easiest, he spent most of the time painting a high level picture of the department and the current projects each sub-group was working on. The Manager interview was the most difficult, and covered only technical questions. The vibe was "you have to show me what you can do for me." He was the only one prepared with a list of specific questions. The next two interviews were with people who would be my peer level associates. They were enthusiastic and more interested to discover if we could work together well. Their questions were focused on day-to-day items - "How would you handle X-Y or Z type issues?" and centered on internal requests for troubleshooting, testing and validation.

Interview Questions

• Define the difference between Broadcast, IPTV, and OTT delivery, and show how .ts, SS, HLS, and DASH stream types are structured.
      What software tools would you use to test and validate each?   Answer Question