Ericsson-Worldwide Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ericsson-Worldwide Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I received email from a recruiter saying if i would have time to chat about this positing as he thinks my resume was impressive. Then i got scheduled for video conference. I was being interview by 5, including 4 engineers and 1 manager. They asked all type of question from my resume, logical, behavioral and technical. The engineers asked me about networking, linux commands, cloud, switching - routing, difference between linux- window, and as you answer, they would ask harder questions. I had the interview about a week ago, I still haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Difference between switch and a router.   1 Answer
  • Explain the given linux command   Answer Question
  • how to add multiple routers to a network   Answer Question
  • why do we need a personal network what is the difference between local and public network?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview. One was infront of a panel and the other one was face to face. Both the rounds were technical. Questions asked were mostly from my field and area of study. Some behavioral and thinker questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Generally questions were asked on LTE concepts, Java and networking.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

Applied through a job board. Contacted within 24 hours by HR and onsite interview was scheduled.
    The interview consisted of four people. Questions were mostly technical, but also included the standard questions that are asked at almost every interview.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

Nothing worth mentioning. A couple of easy questions and a couple of minutes to explain why the candidate is the best for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement at your current or previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Dallas, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

It was a very quick interview. i was called on phone after few personla normal question I was asked about the system...I must say they asked key questions...so I realised there is someone who knew the system pretty was present..and I was done in less than an hour

Interview Questions

• how much salary you will need   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

quite detailed and lot of emphasis on hiring even a fresher, i was quite nervous but recruiter made me comfortable so that i showcase myself and they get to hire the right match for the job offered.

Interview Questions

• how can i add to organisational growth   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

- interviewed by line manager
    - interviewed by operations manager
    - interviewed by HR

Relaxed, pleasant, not strict technical questions...interested in my life and hobbies. Interested in my personality, how good i am in group work and cooperating.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gangtok (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Gangtok (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was the campus hiring process of 2017. Eligibility criteria was 65% till graduation where there were 3 rounds of interview process including Aptitude test. I cleared the aptitude test and waited for the next 2 rounds to start. The next round was totally technical. The questions were related to computers, programming skills(Basics), if you are a CSE student. If ECE or EEE the questions may vary except the programming questions would be same. Ones who cleared this round they were recommended to the next round which was of HR+PI round. I even got technical questions in that round. 14 were selected including me from 80+ students.

Interview Questions

• what are networking models?   Answer Question
    • explain about OOPS.   Answer Question
    • What are Normal Forms in DBMS?   Answer Question
    • What are your future goals and where do you see yourself in next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • write a java code to print a number which is the result of another two numbers? (a Simple on but you should have strong basics of java)   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Noida (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 rounds . The first round was a general aptitude test with 45 questions and 3 sections - aptitude, verbal , logical reasoning. The time period was of 45 minutes. The aptitude round was quite simple with moderate to easy level of difficulty .

Interview Questions

• Technical interview:
      quest1: what languages do you know apart from php (php was mentioned in my resume )   1 Answer
    • ques2 : what are the 4 pillars of c++   1 Answer
    • what do you mean by an instance   Answer Question
    • name the different layers in osi model   Answer Question
    • what will be the output of the following:
      system.out.println("1+3")   1 Answer
    • what are the different types of inheritance ?   Answer Question
    • what is a superclass?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with relocation ?   Answer Question
    • Do you want to ask any question?   1 Answer
    • HR interview :
      1. Tell me about yourself
      2.what do you know about Ericsson
      3. Ericsson is a B to B company and not B to C .what are your opinions on that . (they explained this in their introduction ppt ,so it is advised to watch it carefully )
      4. Do u have any problem with relocation or night shift?
      5.are you holding any other offers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I simply accepted their offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Kolkata (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very Generic.Interviewer is basically interested in seeing if Candidate is in sync with company values.Questions might be technical if you insist.They are only intersted in seeing you prove your ground in atleast one Telecom related subject.

Interview Questions

• I was asked question related to Electronics and Electrical Engineering as Interviewer was also of the same educational background as me.Pen and paper approach is always welcomed by candidate for technical problem solving.Questions were not too In-Depth but meant to judge clarity of understanding on technical subjects i.e. ICT Hardware,Netwoking ETC.I was asked to explain a Bipolar Joint Transistor,Zener Diode,Ohm's law and difference between Ohmic substances and Semiconductors   1 Answer