Ericsson-Worldwide Graduate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ericsson-Worldwide Graduate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ericsson-Worldwide

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athlone (Ireland)) in March 2018.

Interview

One on-site day that consists of a technical interview, where you can discuss your relevant project work / prior experience.

A coding assessment that is comprised of multiple smaller assessments, testing area's ranging from basic OOP to multi-threading.

An agile assessment, where the groups are divided and asked to complete a non software based project in an agile workflow

An aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Describe the four pillars of object oriented programming   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athlone (Ireland)).

Interview

1. Applied online, had to do a simple coding test, got an email invitation to interview
    2. On the day itself, we were split into two groups and had to do a group project type of thing
    3. The we had to do 5 coding challenges in an hour.
    4. Interview itself
    5. Aptitude test

Interview Questions

• Describe your project   Answer Question
    • Very technical questions: what are lambda expressions, diamond of death, hashmaps and trees, MVC, arrays Vs arraylists   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athlone (Ireland)) in January 2018.

Interview

CV submission to the global portal ericsson.com/careers
    CV's are screened on the basis that the course you attend is computer science/electronic engineering/maths/physics. Honours degree level + 2.1+ level of qualification.
    You will be invited to a graduate recruitment day in Ericsson. This day has 4 aspects. Team aspect. Interview, A programming test and an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Give an overview of your final year project or significant other projects you have worked on   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athlone (Ireland)).

Interview

It was a 5 hour recruitment day in their office in Athlone. Their Java EU hub is their Athlone office and the position applied for was a graduate program to become a junior java software engineer

Interview Questions

• Group exercises in agile environment   1 Answer
    • Java programming exercises   1 Answer
    • Series of aptitude tests   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

Interview

Everyone seemed nice in the interview. They would nod in affirmation and give good comments when you say something they seemed to like. But looks like it was just a charade.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any unexpected question in my opinion. Mostly standard questions.Some of the questions included
      What do you know about the company?
      Would you like to work independently or in groups?
      What kind of projects have you done in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athlone (Ireland)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online on the 3rd of March, was contacted within two weeks and asked for an onsite assessment day on the 20th of March, get an offer two days later.

The assessment day was at Ericsson's Athlone office from 10:30am - 6:00pm, so better went there a day before to best prepare yourself if you need to travel there.
    Refreshment were provided throughout the day with lunch provided in their canteen.
    A tour is given inside and outside the building, big big place, there's a very-cool patent wall in their office. If you managed to write some cool algorithm your name will be on the wall too haha.
    A One4All gift card is provided at the end of the day to cover your travel fee. They knew it.

The assessment day was composed of 4 stages:
     • 1:1 coding test (An-hour long)
          Basics coding exercise along side with a senior engineer.
     • 2:1 competency-based interview (An-hour long)
          With a technical & not-very technical interviewer.
          Discusses about your final year project. Normal HR-questions, how you work in a team, and why Ericsson etc.
     • Group assessment
          10 interviewees on the day will be splitted into two groups while solving one single problem.
          This problem is a funny one. Enjoy working in this very-short project.
     • 4-stages aptitude test
          Syntax checking, rules checking, rules applying, and rules finding.
          Difficulty: Very easy > easy > okay > HARD
          The most interesting part. Tests were timed strictly so be very focus and go through the questions as fast as you can.

They are still recruiting so hands on. Enjoy the day!

Interview Questions

• I show them my IOT project which works with the MQTT protocol. They ask what other protocols are available for IOT.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athlone (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Full day interview with 9 other interviewees. The day was broken up into different sections which included aptitude tests, group activity, solo panel interview and solo programming practical. It seemed daunting but the day went quickly and it was better than doing multiple interviews over a number of weeks

Interview Questions

• Talk about your final year project   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2017.

Interview

I was called for onsite interview. The day was split into 4 sessions. The first one was an agile based group activity. The second was coding round. The third was technical interview. The final round was aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Round 2 i was asked to debug the code, refactor. Round 3 i was asked about the projects and questions based on the resume.   Answer Question