Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,186 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received email from HR recruiter in Stockholm, Sweden to schedule initial phone call with her, which was non-technical. About 2-3 weeks later was given a tech interview with a remote team lead.

Interview Questions

• What databases have you used (e.g. MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Redis, MongoDB) ?   Answer Question
    • Which database would you use for tabular data and why?   Answer Question
    • Which database would you use for unstructured data and why?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple questions . Tell me about your projects. There were two interviews in total and I spoke to the manager later. Overall it was a positive experience and I had fun taking the interview.

Field Survy Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with multiple attendees, Then Personal Interview with 2 managers (more were expected but were not able to make it). Straight questions relevant to the position and working in a team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict of opinion with your manager.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview, I applied through email first. After two weeks, I got contacted directly by the engineer. He mainly asked me the skills , one project I did in weenix kernel and two papers I have published. He asked me to send to him my paper and I did after the interview. After that I got the offer directly.

Interview Questions

• Background, availability , projects I did and published paper   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Very disjointed as multiple divisions involved in decision making process. Offer made, then followed by another round of interviews, after already letting current employer know that I was leaving. Very uncomfortable process.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a project that is in great difficulty   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations where with a third party contractor, and not with the eventual client

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews over telephone. First one being resume and interests
    and second one was coding and networking basics. I had applied online for the various roles and got calls from 3 of the teams. I chose the team that dealt with IOT and Cloud as it mostly dealt with proof of concepts on these technologies.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview with Manager and University Recruiter . It was 1 hour long based on my Resume and previous work experience. Some situational questions on Project Management were asked . They gave me an offer the next day itself.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bellevue, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process involved two rounds phone and Skype interview. The management were looking for a good supporting background in the customer support basic knowledge of networking and good knowledge of linux based server administration.

Permit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

You have to go through a recruiter. Face-to-face in Sunnyvale. No feedback whatsoever after the interview. Recruiter didn't know what job I'd be interviewing for so it was difficult to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• First question included acronyms I was not familiar with because they had an opening for a permit specialist (not my thing)   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

TLDR: Terrible interview experience. Insulted at every turn. I will never work for Ericsson and will warn others away. If the interview is indicative of the work environment, it is a toxic place to work.

I was interviewed by one of their interns from the previous year and never talked to an actual manager (which I consider unprofessional and ill-advised, strike one).

The first thing she says on seeing my GPA is a shocked "That's your GPA, why is it so low?" I was taken aback since my gpa (3.3) isn't stellar but I didn't think it was that bad. So I figure it's a stress test and try to answer as professionally as possible.

Then we talk about my technical skills and past projects, during which I tell her that I don't really know ANY scripting languages. I can read a program, but I couldn't do anything from scratch. I then get asked how I would approach a problem in a scripting language. But I already said I don't know scripting languages. Why didn't she ask me about a language that I claimed to actually know?

I was given a practice problem and the interviewer refused to answer any clarifying questions I had. It was a simple problem, combine two integer arrays so that the numbers are interleaved. When I was done she said it was wrong. I asked why, she ignored my question.

The thing that left me with a truly bad impression was meeting the hiring manager. The lady I'm interviewing with takes me to see him, and in front of me says "She has no technical skills, but a bit of leadership experience, what do you want me to do with her?" I understand if she didn't like my technical skills but why make a production of taking me to the hiring manager instead of just thanking me for my time and saying bye.

Interview Questions

• How would you execute a program on a server after a button click on a website using a scripting language.   1 Answer