Ericsson-Worldwide Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ericsson-Worldwide Network Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ericsson-Worldwide

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

It was a campus interview. There were 2 technical and 1 hr rounds. Technical round focused on the projects on my resume and network structure knowledge. HR round was about my goals and expectations from the company and location preferences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Ashburn, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through a recruiting company. The company asked me to rearrange something in my resume. 1st interview was over the phone, 2nd in person. There were personality based and technical questions.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

The first round was Written Exam. It was normal aptitude test. After getting selected in that there were two more rounds.One Technical round,Personal Interviews. Another HR round. After this final conversation salary talk.

Interview Questions

• About Yourself
      why Ericsson
      GSM
      4G Knowledge
      Flexibility
      Location   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus interview after university relation program

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Kansas City, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

4 interviews, 2 over the phone, 2 face to face. The most redundant question I was asked is how much money do you require to come work for us. I was asked where in Linux do you change the IP address.

A. # cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
    # vi ifcfg-eth0

append or modify the following:
    # Intel Corporation 82573E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
    DEVICE=eth0
    BOOTPROTO=static
    DHCPCLASS=
    HWADDR=00:30:48:56:A6:2E
    IPADDR=10.10.29.66
    NETMASK=255.255.255.192
    ONBOOT=yes

Save and close the file. Define default gateway (router IP) and hostname in /etc/sysconfig//network file:
    # vi /etc/sysconfig/network
    Append/modify configuration as follows:
    NETWORKING=yes
    HOSTNAME=www1.nixcraft.in
    GATEWAY=10.10.29.65

Save and close the file. Restart networking:
    # /etc/init.d/network restart

Make sure you have correct DNS server defined in /etc/resolv.conf file:
    # vi /etc/resolv.conf
    Setup DNS Server as follows:
    nameserver 10.0.80.11
    nameserver 10.0.80.12
    nameserver 202.67.222.222

Save and close the file. Now you can ping the gateway/other hosts:
    $ ping 10.0.80.12
    Output:

PING 10.0.80.12 (10.0.80.12) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 10.0.80.12: icmp_seq=1 ttl=251 time=0.972 ms
    64 bytes from 10.0.80.12: icmp_seq=2 ttl=251 time=1.11 ms

You can also check for Internet connectivity with nslookup or host command:
    $ nslookup cyberciti.biz

Server: 10.0.80.11
    Address: 10.0.80.11#53
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: cyberciti.biz
    Address: 75.126.43.232

You can also use host command:
    $ host nixcraft.in

nixcraft.in has address 75.126.43.232
    nixcraft.in mail is handled by 10 mail.nixcraft.in. - Full answer

Interview Questions

• How to mount a USB in Red hat   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer however I got contacted less than 24 hrs later stating that the postilion was being eliminated and that I was being referred to another position. I have yet to hear from anyone at Ericsson.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Richardson, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR, He asked few basic questions on my education background. After 2 days got a call back requesting an onsite interview.
    Questions were based on my resume and previous work experiences. 1. Real time embedded 2. TCP/IP. 3. Network layer protocols

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed by Ericsson India in the month of September 2019.
    The interview was for the role of network monitoring profile.
    The interview process consists of three levels:
    1. PPT:
    That is pre-placement talk with the official representative of the company in which generally we discuss the working time, transportation facility and contract of working with the company.

2. Technical interview:

3. HR round :
    This was really easy and smooth the interviewer asked me about my academics and about my family what I was doing after BTech for 4 months as I was preparing for combine defence services.
    The process ended up with some question like will I ll be able to work in rotation shifts and can manage in between. Tell me why should I hire you.
    that all I experienced in the open campus drive conducted by Ericsson India global.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about GSM in detail and the structure of it. asked me about my major and minor projects at college and what role I played in developing the same. What I learnt from the major and minor project experience.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

Aptitude questions for freshers
    Question based on basics of telecom along with routing & switching
    Good communication skills is mandatory
    CCNA certification preferred
    ell me some advantages of GSM.
    What are the various types of numbers for network identity?
    What are the functions of Base Station System?
    What are the parts of Network Management System?
    Tell me some applications of DSP?

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online
    Two rounds of interview
    First HR Phone Interview asking General HR question, this happened after one month
    Panel Interview next week after HR interview:It was combination of technical and behavioral questions. Including very detailed technical question as it was a technical role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience?How do you think that would add value for this role?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

It was a Campus Interview .Most of the questions tested were from Control System and Machines as I was from Electrical background. Apart from that basic networking and coding skills were tested for the same.

Interview Questions

• Questions were from final year projects and domain level knowledge   Answer Question