Ericsson-Worldwide Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Ashburn, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through a recruiting company. The company asked me to rearrange something in my resume. 1st interview was over the phone, 2nd in person. There were personality based and technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

The first round was Written Exam. It was normal aptitude test. After getting selected in that there were two more rounds.One Technical round,Personal Interviews. Another HR round. After this final conversation salary talk.

Interview Questions

• About Yourself
      why Ericsson
      GSM
      4G Knowledge
      Flexibility
      Location   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus interview after university relation program

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Kansas City, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

4 interviews, 2 over the phone, 2 face to face. The most redundant question I was asked is how much money do you require to come work for us. I was asked where in Linux do you change the IP address.

A. # cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
    # vi ifcfg-eth0

append or modify the following:
    # Intel Corporation 82573E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
    DEVICE=eth0
    BOOTPROTO=static
    DHCPCLASS=
    HWADDR=00:30:48:56:A6:2E
    IPADDR=10.10.29.66
    NETMASK=255.255.255.192
    ONBOOT=yes

Save and close the file. Define default gateway (router IP) and hostname in /etc/sysconfig//network file:
    # vi /etc/sysconfig/network
    Append/modify configuration as follows:
    NETWORKING=yes
    HOSTNAME=www1.nixcraft.in
    GATEWAY=10.10.29.65

Save and close the file. Restart networking:
    # /etc/init.d/network restart

Make sure you have correct DNS server defined in /etc/resolv.conf file:
    # vi /etc/resolv.conf
    Setup DNS Server as follows:
    nameserver 10.0.80.11
    nameserver 10.0.80.12
    nameserver 202.67.222.222

Save and close the file. Now you can ping the gateway/other hosts:
    $ ping 10.0.80.12
    Output:

PING 10.0.80.12 (10.0.80.12) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 10.0.80.12: icmp_seq=1 ttl=251 time=0.972 ms
    64 bytes from 10.0.80.12: icmp_seq=2 ttl=251 time=1.11 ms

You can also check for Internet connectivity with nslookup or host command:
    $ nslookup cyberciti.biz

Server: 10.0.80.11
    Address: 10.0.80.11#53
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: cyberciti.biz
    Address: 75.126.43.232

You can also use host command:
    $ host nixcraft.in

nixcraft.in has address 75.126.43.232
    nixcraft.in mail is handled by 10 mail.nixcraft.in. - Full answer

Interview Questions

• How to mount a USB in Red hat   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer however I got contacted less than 24 hrs later stating that the postilion was being eliminated and that I was being referred to another position. I have yet to hear from anyone at Ericsson.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Richardson, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR, He asked few basic questions on my education background. After 2 days got a call back requesting an onsite interview.
    Questions were based on my resume and previous work experiences. 1. Real time embedded 2. TCP/IP. 3. Network layer protocols

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

the whole process took one day.first round was aptitude .there were 45 question 15 each from verbal ,logical ,and quants.second round was gd. after GD techical and hr will follow..well prepare and go for HR.

Interview Questions

• normal questions
      like tell me about yourself
      he asked me what the difference between gsm and cdma.
      1g,2g,3g,4g   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Mumbai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a campus placement. The process took one day. It started with normal aptitude test consisting of quants, vocabulary, logical. Then was a group discussion round followed by technical round. Finally there was a H.R. round.

Interview Questions

• Q: Topic for my group for G.D. Round was: Should we give a hand of friendship to Pakistan after whats happening today...

Q: Technical Round had questions regarding projects.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Mine was a campus placement. There were 4 rounds.

First one is the aptitude test. It consists of some 40 questions that should be answered in 60 min. No technical questions were asked. It was moderate.

Next round was GD and the topic was 'Social media is a boon or bane'. They dint filter much here. Anyone who made some reasonable points were selected to next round which was a technical round.

Here they asked me about GSM architecture, a simple C program, and a question to determine my IQ and EQ.

Next is HR round. It was very easy. They dint filter here much. Anyone who passed technical round were passed in HR also. Questions here bv were like why engineering.l, why this college, how do you utilize your free time, what are your hobbies, etc..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since it was a campus placement and I was a fresher

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (New Delhi (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

I appeared in ericsson through campus placements..cocubes conducted an aptitude test in our college..around 70 students sat for the test out of which 16 got selected..then we had a technical and an HR interview and finally 11 were selected..in the technical interview the questions were asked from my subject of interest..just basic stuff as why nand gates are called universal gates..a C program to find whether a number is prime or not..the HR interview was a little long dealing primarily with relocation and long term goals.

Interview Questions

• The HR interview was primarily on how would I contribute to the company   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview started with aptitude test followed by a group discussion in which we were asked to express our views on a social topic. The following round was based on technical skills and questions were asked based on GSM and other network related topics. Finally being reviewed by HR for selection of candidates.