Ericsson-Worldwide Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ericsson-Worldwide Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athlone (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Athlone (Ireland)) in February 2013.

Interview

The final interview was a face to face interview with four people: two line managers, one HR representative and a lead architect.

1 - Technical background and reasoning: talked a lot about previous experiences and possible solutions to past problems. Every time that a specific past problem could be used for an existing Ericsson problem analogy, it was made so. There was quite a lot of talk about changing previous solutions that I was describing to try and gauge my adaptability and reasoning on dealing with new (and applicable to Ericsson at that point in time).
Quite a lot of whiteboard drawings involved in this part of the interview.

2 - Personal adaptability: there was some questions in regards to how I was planning to adapt, as at the time I would be moving countries (and continents) if I got the job. Not invasive questions, but well grounded ones that made sense both for setting my expectations and from the interviewers assurance as well.

Interview Questions

• To change an existing solution that I was describing at the time to be able to be updated with no downtime at all. Explain the required changes on the architecture to support this and the trade offs.
    As the current solution did not require any hard no-downtime requirements (i.e it was only released on weekends where there was no active users) there was quite a lot of changes involved in this and it took quite a lot of time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2015.

Interview

Not a very streamlined interview process. They make you wait for hours and then finally when you're called for the interview you are completely exhausted.
    The interviewer asked questions on what i had never worked on.
    Overall a very bad experience

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you implement the load balancing, if you have 3 servers.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

One phone call from HR, then he/she will set up the interview process and two round of technical interview. During the interview process HR including interviewer helped me a lot to know the company process and formalities.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was held at the Bangalore Center and it was conducted in 2 phase. Each phase comprised of 4-5 pure technical rounds. The focused areas were as follows:
    1. General automation questions
    2. Networking and Protocols.
    3. Wireless technologies.
    4. Troubleshooting telecom issues

Interview Questions

• Mostly on programming concepts, data structures, algorithms, networking, wireless   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

1 or 2 technical rounds based on urgency or candidate. Follwed by one hr round. The questions can be verbal or can be asked to write code depending upon the interviewer. Post all round interview, feedback loop is of approximately 1-2 working week.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round - coding
    Second round - with teammates on Java
    Third round - with Team lead on system design
    Fourth round - with manager on behavioural
    Fifth round - with HR about offer terms
    On the whole it was a one whole day experience, covering the resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received email from HR recruiter in Stockholm, Sweden to schedule initial phone call with her, which was non-technical. About 2-3 weeks later was given a tech interview with a remote team lead.

Interview Questions

• What databases have you used (e.g. MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Redis, MongoDB) ?   Answer Question
    • Which database would you use for tabular data and why?   Answer Question
    • Which database would you use for unstructured data and why?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

First round was Telephonic technical interview.
    Second round was Face to Face technical interview.
    Third round was Telephonic / Face to Face Managerial interview.
    Fourth round was HR interview.
    On board process was also well planned.
    Proper ramp-up sessions were planned and executed.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience related questions e.g. roles and responsibilities, project description (high and low level).
      Core Java questions.
      Design Patterns related questions.
      Very few data structures and algorithm related questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Kolkata (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Good Transparent Interview process. Had a F2F round , then Telephonic round and then HR discussion.Telephonic round was a management round.

It was a friendly interview
    Overall interview process quite good

Interview Questions

• related to Performance testing and LoadRunner   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Noida (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview followed by HR. questions would be about call flows, telecom protocols, GSM, Diameter.2 rounds of technical interview followed by HR. questions would be about call flows, telecom protocols, GSM, Diameter.