Ericsson-Worldwide Software Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ericsson-Worldwide Software Engineer III Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fast and well organized. The hiring manager was very friendly and did my initial screen face to face . Later there few more rounds of technical interview. Then some verification on my past employment, education etc. All the processes were completed within month of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about past experience.
    Knowledge on Network protocols.
    Programming in Perl.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

First day I received call from recruiter to make sure I understood job description and agreed with it - questions involving travel, salary, whether I met all qualifications. Recruiter then contacted me with time for phone interview with Manager. Manager interview consisted of questions that challenged what was listed on my resume - design, operating system, applications. Recruiter then contacted me with date/time for onsite interview. Second day I went on site and had interview with a senior engineer, director, and HR representative. Questions ranged from technical (same as manager above), managerial, and personality questions (what would I do if this happened, why did I choose to apply for a job there, etc.). Then I was told more about the position, the vision of the project and company, and what I would expect if I were hired. Then a reconfirmation of my salary requirements, any restrictions, and start date if I were to be made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest amount of people you have manage and how did you deal with different personalities?   Answer Question
    • How would you change out a hard drive on a Solaris server? Please state every step, command, process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tell you during the interview that there is no negotiation. Once they get the confirmation during the interview that is what they will use for the offer.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Noida (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

Very pathetic, Especially the HR part. They are not at all bothered about the quality of the engineer they are hiring. they are only bothered about the money they are going to pay.Not to me but Sometimes they even offer 0% hike to the candidates they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• Technically: They asked good questions on linux/solaris: sed, awk, INAP, ISUP and IP protocols   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very bad experience. HRs who are responsible for negotiation are out sourced. They are adament and rude. They only concentrate about hiring the candidate at lowest possible cost.

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2010.

Interview

It was a very technical interview. I was asked questions related to the technology I was working on. I was asked about my past experience and projects I was interviewed by 4 people and then the last interview was with the manager of the group who was very nice and took a lot of time answering my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very flexible