Ericsson-Worldwide Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ericsson-Worldwide Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

I applied online after noticing an online advertisement for the position. The HR rep contacted me within a few days for a brief interview over the phone. He then stated he would have an HR coordinator contact me to arrange an in-person interview. The coordinator contacted and asked for my availability and proposed a few dates. I agreed to all dates proposed and stated I would be happy to accommodate with regard to the time of day. However, the in-person meeting has yet to be confirmed all the dates have passed. I was told the people conducting the interviews have a "full schedule" and I will be notified when they become available.

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted for an interview within a few days. The hiring manager was pleasant and asked basic questions such as, "what would make me a good fit for the position?" Went over my resume and experience. Very informative about the position. Overall, a very good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was quick and the interview was good.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Written test was the first criteria to filter out and then they went on one on one technical interview and them the hirirng manager came with my resume and starrt asking about the experience and allthe technical skills i had

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

ask about previous experiences and projects. How to deal with people and how to resolve their problems. Call flow of GSM/UMTS communication (core side). Why choose ericsson and what do you know about ericsson's culture.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Noida (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Two technical interviews, first one is very basic and second one with deep knowledge . This round happened with the person onsite and followed by the HR round. If you will get selected then you would get the offer letter with in a week.

Interview Questions

• Basic Networking and server questions   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Kolkata (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Technical Telephonic interview - it was 1 hour interview. But the interviewers were half hour late and i had to call the consultancy. The interviewers were experienced technical people and had good understanding level of the subject. Questions were average to difficult. I am waiting for results yet.

Interview Questions

• What are the different data types in perl?
      How do you execute your perl script?
      What are basic steps for writing your own perl module?
      If you have a Hash with keys and you want to remove any spaces in the keys, how would you do it?
      Difference between use and require?
      What will happen if i open a file from perl script and forget to close it, and then try to open it again?
      How do you handle runtime exceptions in perl?
      How do you run a sql query from perl script?
      How can you print all unique tags present in a html file from a perl script?
      trying to transpose a matrix is faster in perl or C? why?
      what is my, our and local?
      If there are Variables declared with my in a module, will same variable be available in a perl script where i call use for that module?
      Can you write multiple modules in the same pm file?
      How can you run a unix command from perl script? - system command
      What is the return value of system command?
      What if you want to run a unix command from perl script and want to get the results back?
      How to check if a certain key is there in a certain given hash? -exists()
      Does exists work on array?
      How do you check if a certain value is present in the array?
      What do you do if your script throws an error that a certain module is not found in @INC?

What are commands you use on unix/linux in day to day work?
      How can you list all txt files from a directory?
      How can you list all txt files in a directory and subdirectories?
      How to change the date time stamp of a file?
      How can you list all files containing a certain word?
      How can you list all files not containing a certain word?
      How will you display line number 10 to 20 of a file?
      How do you give permissions for a executable file?

How is data for Tables stored in the database?
      Write a sql query to fetch employee id, employee name, manager id, manager name from a table containing employee id, employee name , manager id.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Online application - Generic application filler questions like, "Why do you want to work for us?" 2. Numerical reasoning test - Reading graphs and charts, answering questions like "How much more did Company A grow than Company B between 2005-2008?" 3. Logical reasoning test - Series of shapes/pictures, discover the pattern, multiple choice select the next one in the series. 4. Phone interview. - Friendly, informal. 30 - 45…

Interview Questions

• Q: • why the firm, why the division   Answer Question
    • Q: • Tell me about a time when you had competing deadlines what did you do   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bucharest (Romania)) in December 2013.

Interview

I sent my CV in September and got a phone call in late November. I got two interviews, first with the HR and my future team leader and also a language test. The atmosphere was relaxed.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied via employee referral, received a call in a week. There were two rounds - one general round with the manager and other technical round with a technical person from the team. The two rounds can take place over a month. And overall hiring can take three months.