Esri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esri Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.9

Programming Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri in January 2017.

Interview

Three phone interviews - 1) HR 2) Technical (Basic OOPs questions and a couple GIS related questions) 3) HR (Salary and STAR questions).

Waiting for the onsite interview to be scheduled

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Esri? Make sure you thoroughly research about the company and be as confident as you can.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esri in January 2017.

Interview

They contacted me December and told me they would move me to the next step. I emailed after a week and had to keep doing so until I got the next step and then the interviewer just asked me the exact same questions in the previous step.

Educational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA).

Interview

Overall took almost six months! Four phone interviews, then flew out to Redlands, CA for a day. There I had 5 or 6 interviews with different folks, plus a video interview with someone in the Colorado office (where I lived, ironically). None of them were too difficult though.

Interview Questions

• How much Javascript do you know? (this wasn't a coding position)   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Sacramento, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen set up two weeks in advance...interviewer kept saying "perfect" to my answers and promised individual feedback within 2 days. 2 days later I got a generic "we're moving forward with other candidates" email. It's a job I'm very well suited for (and I work in staffing so I advise clients on their hiring process as part of my job). I see a lot of criticism of / inconsistencies in their process as reported on Glassdoor but not a willingness to optimize the process to make the company a preferred employer. That means you won't attract and retain top talent. Period. Not a pleasant experience - especially the invitation to pursue other openings - but with no feedback on where the mismatch was on the first opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Profile Review, followed by description of sales process, what I perceive client benefits of the product to be   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype Interview with HR and with the head of sales in CA. The first interview was fairly easy and straightforward. They are very proud of their on-boarding process which is very comprehensive. The 2nd interview has three parts. The first part of the interview included questions about the analytical and business skills necessary for the job. I had illustrative examples ready and I did fairly well on this part. The second part of the interview was more about IT skills. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been, mainly because I didn't have examples ready. The third part included questions about how I would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your education and work history   1 Answer
    • Why did you become interesting in GIS?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online. 2 phone interviews. The whole process took about 2 months. People there were very nice. On-site interview took one day. I met around 10 people. You get the chances to actually meet with the people you are going to work with. Questions were not difficult. No skill tests.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

It is a long process with about 6, 7 rounds in a day and 2 interviewers each round. But you get the chances to actually meet with the people you are going to work with. And the interviewers I met are all pretty friendly and professional. You also have 2 free days to look around the campus and the surrounds.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming questions, OOP concepts and past experience   2 Answers

GIS Database Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one general, one technical. Trip to Redlands to spend one day of 45 minute interviews with up to 10 people. The whole process took less than a month, thought I have heard that other people have taken much longer before getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• past experience, why Esri, what do you want to do, how would you contribute   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Not the first incident with Esri. There have been a few other phone screens with this company and my background absolutely has the background and experience but cannot get feedback nor are they professional.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question as more of a perspective. Poor interviewer. Far too much attitude especially when asked about the environment and management style and philosophy. I would not even consider working for this company. I save companies in the millions and generate revenue in the millions and if this is the type of recruiter at this level I can only imagine what it is to work for this company. I don't care how successful a business has been. You DO NOT treat candidates this way especially considering their expertise and background. If they can take time out to meet with you you can provide the courtesy and respect. They are interviewing you as well as you the candidate. The interview was not difficult other than disrespect shown by the recruiter doing the interviewing. Nor did I even receive the courtesy to have a call back thanking me for my time but they had chosen another candidate. Stay Away from this company!   1 Answer

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

First phone interview : HR Lady. Unprofessional. Asked some weird questions, and basically told me that this job works long hours with low pay and no advancement, and that I needed to be "passionate" about their company.

Second phone interview : Tech guy. Was nice, asked questions and I answered them.

Third phone interview : We discussed salary. They were paying slight over half of what I was looking for. I laughed and said, "Yeah no thanks." Never got to the "offer" stage, which is just as well.

Interview Questions

• Know the definitions of geographic vs. projected coordinate system, definition of UNC, IP, DNS, other miscellaneous questions about servers and networking.   Answer Question
    • Some idiotic question about how to figure out which lightbulbs are burned out.   Answer Question