Esri Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esri Product Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Esri

2.7

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esri in February 2016.

Interview

The process was lengthy, took about 6 months total. I applied online, about 2 weeks later I was contacted by HR and had a phone interview. 1 hour, general questions like why I wanted to work for Esri and why I left all of my previous jobs. Then it took 2 whole months before I heard back. I had a second phone interview with a couple of engineers, then I got invited for an on site interview. The on site one was a full day, 8 hours without a break. It was absolutely exhausting but I wouldn't call it hard. And the amount of information and insight I got from talking to so many people was totally worth it. First was a skill drill, pretty basic stuff, once I got a hold of my nerves I was ok. You need to be comfortable writing and debugging code in front of others. Then just met with everyone, 2 people at a time for about 1 hour each. All regular interview questions about past projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• I described an algorithm I had created to solve a problem and they asked "How else could you have done it?"   1 Answer
  • While working with the Esri platform, have you found areas you would improve? Where and what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and got what I was hoping for.

Other Interview Reviews for Esri

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone call from the recruiter in the team and got my schedule for first round of interview. The first round of interview touched upon C++ language features like memory management, pointer manipulation, multi threading and C++ 11 & 14 features.
    Second round again technical, where the interviewer was interested in knowing what kind of graphics work I have done with Opengl and opengl pipeline and stuffs. Also, Pathfinding in terrain and some GIS related questions.
    Third round was HR, which revolved around my previous work experience and my strengths and weakness.
    Final round was an onsite round where I got to meet with the Team members . It was a day long process and I was tested in C++ 11 and 14 features. Had an coding round where they tested me in Array and string problems, Also pointer manipulation questions and Bit shifting. And I am waiting for my results.
    Just be yourself in technical standpoint, things will fall in place. Be sure you know all the things in your resume.

Interview Questions

• Pointers,
      Arrays/Strings
      Opengl concepts
      C++11 and 14 features
      Resume related stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The man called me and we spoke for almost 2 hours. The interview was supposed to last for 1 hour, so I felt pretty confident about landing a second interview. I was told that the man enjoyed our conversation so I expect to hear back from them. However, it has been over a month since the interview and I have received no word back. I still feel confident about the interview, and I am aware of the long and drawn out interview process that Esri employs. I honestly did expect to be contacted by now, but perhaps I still will land the second interview. I guess all I can say is even if you feel you have a very solid interview you may not be contacted for a long time...

Interview Questions

• Prioritize how you would handle 5 events.   1 Answer
    • What do you do if you get a file with no spatial information?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

1. Phone screening by HR
    2. Phone screenings by managers from various department.
    3.on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your career plan with the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was professional but, very slow. Interview was started with couple dev leads then dev, hiring manager, test lead, PM lead and finally test director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They hardly negotiated the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

it took 9 hours it was really hard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Oh my god. Don't ask about this. I have seen people who can show off passion and spark get through quite easily. They go by how you communicate and talk and I guess not by what your experience or potential is. This is so unfortunate.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Started with on-campus interview, and received 2 phone interviews, and then one on-site (8 hours) interview. First on-campus interview is held by HR people, will ask some general question such as briefly self-introduction, interests, strength and weakness... And both phone interviews are from the departments with those openings. Will be more focus on the skills or experiences on your resume. Last on-site interview is given by managers, senior workers and the questions varied.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When you received the offer letter, it will list your salary/ hour rate. It's the base rate, still have space to negotiate it. In general, the range is about 5% of the base rate.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

The group leader called me and asked me about my experience including courses, projects and arcGIS knowledge. Then asked me some information about learned course and the ability towards several languages.

Interview Questions

• What kind of extensions of arcGIS did you use?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

So far I have had three phone interviews. The first was with a team lead, who asked general interview questions and some technical stuff (to gauge my skills and whatnot). It was supposed to be an hour, but was almost two. Next, a phone interview with the HR recruiter, just asking me more general stuff about my background, preferences, and how I was feeling about the process. Lastly, I had a phone interview with two team members. More of the general interview stuff and some basic technical stuff. Invited to an on-site interview, which has yet to happen.

Interview Questions

• If you were given the task selling a pen/marker, what testing would you put it through to make sure it was good to be sold?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict in the workplace (or at school).   Answer Question
    • Given an array of numbers, how would you print each number to the console?   Answer Question