Esri Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esri Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Esri

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

About 1 week before the interview, I received a phone call from HR for a screening. I then received a follow up call from the hiring manager the very next day. There was additional interest on both sides, and I was contacted the following day for an interview about 1 1/2 week from that date. I was then interviewed by 10 people, most individually and one panel of 3 later in the day. The day started and ended with a small HR introduction, interview then closure. It was a grueling day, at best, but they were a warm bunch in a very unique environment. One that was something I think I'd enjoy. I was told I was the top candidate, but never officially received a "yes" or "no". After some time, I received additional job offers from other companies and never did hear back from ESRI. No closure, but all in all, it really seemed like a good, hearty place most would enjoy, regardless of winding up in a very different industry in another job. Oh well!

Interview Questions

• How would you baseline a project schedule? Please provide step by step instructions.   Answer Question
  • How would you handle conflict when serving as a project team member instead of the project manager on an initiative?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Esri

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. Seem to go to great lengths to ensure the right fit was found.

Interview Questions

• The biggest challenge would be the duration. it was a couple of long days meeting various people.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Esri in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter because I was in their system from a job I applied for about a year prior. We had a phone interview that went a lot longer than either of us planned.

Afterwards I sent an updated resume and tailored cover letter to her, and she forwarded it to the hiring manager. I was not actively looking for a job, but the Living Atlas product is amazing, so I was definitely interested in the position.

A few weeks went by and she sent emails with status updates regularly.

Then she asked for another phone call, and in that call she explained that they promoted someone from within to fill the role. I told her that while I really wanted that position, I have to respect the fact that they look after their employees.

It was a real bummer because I wanted that position. Even though the outcome is not what I wanted, I have to say that this recruiter was one of the most respectful recruiters I have been in contact with, and they seem like a great company!

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a smaller company or a bigger, more distributed company?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Esri in September 2011.

Interview

Got a email from a recruiter in CA and set up a time to talk to do a phone interview lasted half hour. He had indicated he would gert back with me after discussing our conversation with the hiring authority here in Saint Louis and I never heard back from him and left several messages to get some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I had left a previous project management position about 3 times   Answer Question
    • Wanted to know if I had job costing and accounting experience   Answer Question