Esri Interview Questions in Redlands, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA).

Interview

4 interviews. 3 phone interviews (general on the position, yoyurself, and the interview process), 1 technical interview phone call, 1 HR interview, and 1 onsite in person all day interview

Interview Questions

• - What is a data index?
      -How do you replicate a geodatabase?
      -What are the different kind of joins?
      -How to add data to an existing database?
      Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After the normal phone calls with a recruiter and a supervisor regarding my personality and resume, I was flown to Redlands for an all-day in-person interview. The interview consisted of 9-10 hour-long sessions with 1-2 employees, only some of whom posed technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Would this code sample compile? Why or why not? What would the output of this function be given this given input?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Process took about 3 weeks.Technical Phone Interview, followed by interviews with Qt Runtime SDK software engineers, originally the internship was for testing and debugging the Qt platform for Runtime SDK, yet they referred me to the back end portion involving graphics rendering. Very fun interview, interviewers asked questions related to C++, Qt, ArcGIS, Runtime SDK, and about projects on my resume. Overall I enjoyed the talks with the team, very unique people, and very caring about your schedule and experience. I got the offer from them a some time later, yet I turned it down for a fulltime position with Intel. If I hadn't gotten an offer from Intel, I would have definitely stuck with Esri.

Interview Questions

• What are some good coding practices when dealing with Inheritance, so as to prevent code smell?   Answer Question
    • What are some good practices to use when keeping cache coherence when it comes to realtime rendering in OpenGL?   Answer Question
    • Explain the common problems you come across when dealing with multithreaded applications. What are condition variables, mutexes, semaphores, monitors? How would you use them?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what GIS is? What is Esri's Runtime SDK?   Answer Question
    • Testing practices, validation, and software debugging related questions.   Answer Question

Educational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA).

Interview

Overall took almost six months! Four phone interviews, then flew out to Redlands, CA for a day. There I had 5 or 6 interviews with different folks, plus a video interview with someone in the Colorado office (where I lived, ironically). None of them were too difficult though.

Interview Questions

• How much Javascript do you know? (this wasn't a coding position)   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype Interview with HR and with the head of sales in CA. The first interview was fairly easy and straightforward. They are very proud of their on-boarding process which is very comprehensive. The 2nd interview has three parts. The first part of the interview included questions about the analytical and business skills necessary for the job. I had illustrative examples ready and I did fairly well on this part. The second part of the interview was more about IT skills. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been, mainly because I didn't have examples ready. The third part included questions about how I would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your education and work history   1 Answer
    • Why did you become interesting in GIS?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online. 2 phone interviews. The whole process took about 2 months. People there were very nice. On-site interview took one day. I met around 10 people. You get the chances to actually meet with the people you are going to work with. Questions were not difficult. No skill tests.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Not the first incident with Esri. There have been a few other phone screens with this company and my background absolutely has the background and experience but cannot get feedback nor are they professional.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question as more of a perspective. Poor interviewer. Far too much attitude especially when asked about the environment and management style and philosophy. I would not even consider working for this company. I save companies in the millions and generate revenue in the millions and if this is the type of recruiter at this level I can only imagine what it is to work for this company. I don't care how successful a business has been. You DO NOT treat candidates this way especially considering their expertise and background. If they can take time out to meet with you you can provide the courtesy and respect. They are interviewing you as well as you the candidate. The interview was not difficult other than disrespect shown by the recruiter doing the interviewing. Nor did I even receive the courtesy to have a call back thanking me for my time but they had chosen another candidate. Stay Away from this company!   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

HR call (Background + Why ESRI + Why this position) -> Hiring Manager call (background + few technical Qs based on resume) -> Collaborative coding session. Still waiting on results. Hiring Manager was friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• Data Structures & Algorithms based coding on collabedit   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Whole process took 2 month. Screened by the HR, very nice lady, asking about general questions and a little about the resume. Forwarded to the team lead and future team members for a further technical interview. The technical interview was about 40 minutes, there were the team leader, lead of production engineer, and the principle software engineer on the phone asking about questions related to different algorithms on the project I did (I sent the code before the interview). Then was the onsite interview. Presentation first (my own AI project), then was interviewed by the principle SDE. Whiteboard interview as you may expected, 5 questions in total, 3 dynamic programming questions. Then conversations about the project they are currently working on. After the interview, another round of interview with the SDE lead and PE lead, asking about ideas on the project and the AI system I built. Back to back interview again by two future teammates, asking about general C++ questions including C++ 11, memory management, ownership, OOP and went very deep into STL.
    Lunch break with future team members. After lunch, back to back interview with 2 more developers asking about C++ questions, STL questions and data structures. Then an interview with the director of software development. Asking about general C++ questions first, then went to the AI system that I presented, and moved to machine learning, asking about SVM and how to choose ML models. Last, an hour's interview with the CTL, asking about goals, perspectives of SD, failures ever had etc.
    Was an 8 hours interview.

Interview Questions

• What data structure under the hood does deque use exactly? Disregarding the push front advantage, why should people use deque?   Answer Question
    • why unordered map can not use pair of int as keys?   1 Answer
    • If you would like to implement a ranged base for loop yourself instead of using c++ 11's built in feature, how could you do it?   Answer Question
    • How to make vectors push_back function as efficient as c arrays ? Why it is slow?   1 Answer
    • If you are going to build a SVM by yourself, describe the logic.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me for phonic interview.one HR and Technical Person were there to fire question.They went through my profile and tring to figureout how much work i have done so far.HR was asking me behavioral question like how would you deal with your teammates and Technical persion was asking me all testing related concept.

Interview Questions

• GIS related question which i was not familiar.   1 Answer