Esri Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Esri

3.9

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype Interview with HR and with the head of sales in CA. The first interview was fairly easy and straightforward. They are very proud of their on-boarding process which is very comprehensive. The 2nd interview has three parts. The first part of the interview included questions about the analytical and business skills necessary for the job. I had illustrative examples ready and I did fairly well on this part. The second part of the interview was more about IT skills. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been, mainly because I didn't have examples ready. The third part included questions about how I would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your education and work history   1 Answer
  • Why did you become interesting in GIS?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Esri

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Broomfield, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a 3-step interview process. First was a call from HR in Redlands, which covered the basics of the job and clarified the position. The second was an interview with the manager of Solutions Engineers. More of a technical/personality interview. The third was the beast. An all-day interview with 6 different people within Esri, along with giving a 15 minute presentation on a topic.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to answer the same question multiple times. I feel like the most unexpected question was "If you are NOT chosen to work here, how would you convince me otherwise?"   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri in January 2013.

Interview

A current employee gave my resume to the hiring manager, and we talked on the phone a couple times, just getting to know you type stuff. I was scheduled for an on-site interview from the East Coast, and flew out. The interview was the most intense I've ever been involved in, but there were no surprises. I talked to two people every hour from 8AM to 5PM. It was laid back, but still professional. I had one or two follow-up conversations with additional people before HR called with the offer.

The HR team worked with me throughout the whole process, and left nothing to question. I was very pleased with the hiring process. Hiring probably doesn't vary so much between teams, but I believe on-boarding does. Mine was pretty vague, a process that we are improving on my team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were in depth, procedural questions regarding the ArcGIS platform and certain industries, mostly because they require complex answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much at all, something that I'm disappoints me after the fact. I don't think I could have negotiated much more salary, but I'll never know! The offer was pretty fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a comprehensive 8 hour process consisting of various individuals. Ranging from technical to business questions, each individual had a specific specialty. Overall, the interview process flowed really well, and the 1 on 1 interviews were a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding python/modeling/scripting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a three tier interview process. The first two interview were over the phone then the third interview was three one-hour interviews back to back with different people. The first two interview were with HR and the third was with three different members of the team I would have worked with. I did not end up getting the position but I do know that there was not a 4th round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the benefit of a story map and how they work to me as if I were a client?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Esri in June 2016.

Interview

2 interviews with Hunan Resources by phone. Each interview lasted 2 hours. 2 interviews in redlands also 1 hour each. First interview was a screening interview trying to figure out where I'd be a good fit. Second interview was determining business acumen & sales interest. Final interview was 1 part technical vetting 1 part standard interview. Strengths, weaknesses, examples of overcoming work challenge, describe how geography impacts a manufacturers business.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of hue you handled a workplace conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

This process is very long. Be prepared for an intensive time spent on getting your interviews done. Be yourself! Do not hesitate to ask questions. When there is a question asked about yourself, explain how your role is involved with their line of work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your first 30days at ESRI?   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

Prepare for several interviews (4-7), either by phone, video, or in-person. This was my third interview attempt with the company before an offer was made. You get the chance to speak to some cool industry professionals, so either way it is a learning experience. This position is half social, half GIS. You need to be interactive and also know the full stack of Esri offerings.

Interview Questions

• Describe Esri or GIS to someone who knows nothing about GIS.   Answer Question
    • Describe a GIS solution you applied to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Give a short presentation solving a problem of your choosing using an Esri product.   Answer Question
    • Are you OK with transitioning from a GIS specialist role into a role that is possibly hands off?   Answer Question
    • Describe the job position back to me/ what is your understanding of what you'll be doing here?   Answer Question