Esri Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esri Support Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

1. Talked with a recruiter on the phone about possible pathways. 2. Had a phone screening with a representative from HR. 3. Technical phone interview. 4. HR interview, 5. Next step would be the on site interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Esri

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA).

Interview

4 interviews. 3 phone interviews (general on the position, yoyurself, and the interview process), 1 technical interview phone call, 1 HR interview, and 1 onsite in person all day interview

Interview Questions

• - What is a data index?
      -How do you replicate a geodatabase?
      -What are the different kind of joins?
      -How to add data to an existing database?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Interview

They contacted me via email about this opportunity. The first interview was with a recruiting HR. Next was technical interview, followed by another HR interview. Then is the on-site interviews.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

First phone interview : HR Lady. Unprofessional. Asked some weird questions, and basically told me that this job works long hours with low pay and no advancement, and that I needed to be "passionate" about their company.

Second phone interview : Tech guy. Was nice, asked questions and I answered them.

Third phone interview : We discussed salary. They were paying slight over half of what I was looking for. I laughed and said, "Yeah no thanks." Never got to the "offer" stage, which is just as well.

Interview Questions

• Know the definitions of geographic vs. projected coordinate system, definition of UNC, IP, DNS, other miscellaneous questions about servers and networking.   Answer Question
    • Some idiotic question about how to figure out which lightbulbs are burned out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

tl;dr: three phone interviews (generic, technical, follow up) and an on-site eight hour interview broken into eight sections (meet manager, technical, riddles (yes, riddles), technical follow up, technical (in different area), HR, social (lunch), and operations director one-on-one). It's thorough for a reason.

The process is, if nothing else, thorough. This can be very frustrating, especially if you are looking for a job on a timeline. However, given my last interview process, I'm glad this was thorough.

The first step is to submit a resume, which you should hear back about in about two weeks. You'll either get a 'rejection' letter or an invitation for an interview (I received the latter). About two days later I had my first generic phone interview where the interviewer gets to know the interviewee to see if they are a good fit. It ends in a riddle. If this goes well (it did), you go to a technical interview.

After this, depending on you did (I did well enough, but the questions were a bit tough (experience with Linux, difference between GIS tools, how to check is a server is connected to the internet / operational, difference between http/https) and very generic questions (what is our product, what is the point, why use it, etc). This is, however, open-resource, so you can go on the internet or whatever you'd like.

After this (probably three weeks since my first application), I got another check-in call from the first interviewer asking me how she thought it went and asking a lot of the same questions as my first interview (for consistency, perhaps?). After this, another week went by and I was invited for an on-site eight hour interview, compartmentalized into different areas, about 1/3 technical, 1/3 general (i.e. meet manager, talk to HR, get an idea of how things work), and 1/3 unusual (an hour of riddles (so much fun), social (lunch with coworkers), and meeting with Operations Director).

After another week or two you find out if you're hired!

Interview Questions

• - The light at your desk is not turning on, what do you do?
      - Why do you want to work for Esri?
      - Where do you see yourself in five years?
      - What makes you unique?
      - Differentiate between HTTP & HTTP traffic and what you need to enable each   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to a Server Support Analyst job, maybe back in March or so. I got the familiar thanks-but-no-thanks email in May. To my surprise, I got another email in August from an Esri recruiter inviting me to apply to a Desktop Support Analyst position in Redlands.
    I went along with it, and had three phone calls - first, a phone screen to get better acquainted or whatever. Second, a few days later, a technical interview that went over an hour and was actually pretty fun and interesting. Third, another call with the recruiter with some more silly HR type questions and to plan the onsite interviews.
    So then they flew me to California for a full day of onsite interviews at the end of August. I thought it went really well. I guess they didn't think so.
    Don't expect an honest answer as to why they didn't like you. For me the recruiter said there were just so many applicants... after having *invited* me to apply.

Interview Questions

• WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN X NUMBER OF YEARS?   1 Answer

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esri in November 2014.

Interview

The entire Hiring process include four interviews including technical, HR, on site interviews. The first interview is about your behavioral, background, and your knowledge about the position. Such as why you are interested with it, how do you know about the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• what are internal and external customer   1 Answer

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Esri.

Interview

Had three phone interviews. They said I did awesome on all three. Never got offered for the in-person interview in CA. Think the distance might have been a problem.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview can be tough for some people I am sure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Esri (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied for this position and was contacted about a week later.
    1st call was a brief interview about my interest and background, lasted about 10 minutes.
    2nd call (2 weeks later) was a technical interview that was general IT/developer related. This interview lasted about an hour and I was quizzed on everything from database/application development to networking.
    3rd call (2 weeks later) was another technical interview that focused more on the ESRI suite of products and lasted about an hour. Unfortunately for me, the questions mostly touched on enterprise level deployments which I had limited experience with. Overall the process was as pleasant as tense hour long grilling session go.
    The people there are extremely friendly and professional. I’m disappointed that after the series of interviews they declined to offer me the position.
    NOTE: Beware the puzzle question at the end:)

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about development within Arcmap/ArcCatalog.   Answer Question
    • Also connecting/developing SQL/Oracle spatial databases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esri (Redlands, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I have 3 phone interviews spread out over 4 weeks. Very grueling proces. I was asked many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a join and a relate?   1 Answer