Essex Lake Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essex Lake Interview Questions

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Essex Lake.

Interview

I went through three rounds through the senior most management of the firm. One round was case study, it was a typical one. The other one was a stress interview and the final one was HR interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a case study on my CV, the second case study was also on my CV, the HR questions were also around my CV and I think in HR basically passion was being tested   Answer Question

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essex Lake (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good, i got call from office, they scheduled first round of telephonic session. After that I had skype round followed by an onsite manager round.It was good, i got call from office, they scheduled first round of telephonic session. After that I had skype round followed by an onsite manager round.It was good, i got call from office, they scheduled first round of telephonic session. After that I had skype round followed by an onsite manager round.It was good, i got call from office, they scheduled first round of telephonic session. After that I had skype round followed by an onsite manager round.

Interview Questions

• Advance c# angularJs question   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essex Lake.

Interview

aptitude test followed by interview. test was a lengthy one and includes problems mostly on probability and data interpretation. knowledge on basics was tested mostly. 20 people were qualified out of 200.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essex Lake (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic Aptitude then Face-Face Technical and then HR. The first technical round will have mostly puzzles and SQL queries and some basics like difference between C and Cpp, oops concepts etc. Puzzles are easy to very hard to solve and the time given was not enough. Questions on Ms Excel were also asked.

Interview Questions

• We want to open an ATM in a village that is 30kms away from the city. The population of the village is 1500 and mostly all are farmers who run tractors etc. How much money should be put in the ATM every week so it never runs out of cash. Other puzzles were also brain teasers.   Answer Question
    • How would you count the number of trees in Delhi?   Answer Question
    • Divide a mickey mouse shaped cake into 2 equal parts. This was easy.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essex Lake in January 2015.

Interview

Excel questions with general aptitude.
    Aptitude questions,series,alphanumeric series question with 60mins of duration.
    Puzzles like candles,bulb etc (not much higher level).,general HR question like able to work long hours and are you ready to reallocate etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essex Lake.

Interview

Initial communication:

1: I got an email from a job portal
    2: I emailed them, and later HR connected with me.
    3: HR told me that there will be 3 technical rounds followed by 1 HR general discussion regarding compensation, joining date etc.

Interviews:

Round 1: Asked everything in detail from everything that was mentioned on my resume. I was asked on machine learning. They ask about what learning techniques and what were the parameters that were used in the projects that I did. Some general data structure questions such as sorting, binary trees.

Round 2: General discussion on Machine learning, general research interests, some questions on distributed computing. How fault tolerance can be ensured in distributed systems ? How would you distributed a given machine learning algorithm on a cluster ?

Round 3: Since this interview was based for big data analytics, they asked me the following.

1: Given a 100mb file for consumer data versus 5TB of consumer data. Which file i should be reading, and what will I try to infer ?

2: How will you read a 5TB file without using distributed computing ? How will I try to infer things that I mentioned in answer to question 1 in round 3 without using distributed environment ? Apart from my answer, interviewer also gave a hint to use entropy for better sampling !

Round 2 and 3 were more of an open ended.

Interview Questions

• For round 1 they told it would be a general discussion and turned out to be a through and detailed technical interview. For round 2 and 3 interviewer was principal research scientist and was very friendly but was innovative in asking research questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I unfortunately quoted less ! My bad :-/

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essex Lake (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

It is good and they took telephonic and 1-1 round and group discussion. first the took telephonic and then written and then face to face , genrally face to face is little difficult. they took near about 1 month to complete whole process.

Negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Essex Lake (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviews were academic in nature and had a number of guesstimates and case studies based on resume.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the size of Indian Handicrafts Market.

Describe the Phillips Curve (for Economics Students)   Answer Question