Essex Property Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essex Property Trust Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended the job fair on March 16 2017, after the interview I never heard back anything from anyone, either yes or no which is unprofessional. If we spare our time for interview, the employer should be courteous to at least reply to the emails. The worst experience was interviewing at Epic Apartments San Jose. I was interviewed by a Leasing Consultant for the position of Leasing Consultant, this is more worst. I was expecting to be interviewed by the Community Manager but this was something wired. The worst part is I have not heard back anything, I contacted the property manager and I am still waiting for her email, haven't heard back from anyone yet. I had some questions in my mind about the company and the position but, the Leasing Consultant was unable to answer any of the questions, I was told by him he doesn't know how to answer my questions. It was sheer waste of my time, I don't think its worth spending my time interviewing with such dumb people.

ACM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I applied online. Out of state. I interviewed with the manager of the actual property I applied to as well as a regional manager at the time. It was noce because I was an out of state applicant, but the process was pretty simple

Interview Questions

• They asked standard interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, positive customer interaction, upset resident resolution.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Mateo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen shortly after applying and then had an onsite interview a few days after phone screen.

I was told I'd be given an answer a week after my interview; I didn't hear anything, so I followed up the next Monday and was told the team was still conducting interviews.

Two weeks after last update, I still have no answer and saw that job has been re-posted online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and how you rectified it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, very easy through website. Answered a few questions, completed an app. Was contacted about 2 days later for a phone interview. In person interview scheduled, was very professional, great appearance, atmosphere, they really sold the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle fast paced enviornment   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The position title and responsibilities were described with very little detail and there were key points about the company and the community that were left out. Had I been aware of the actual expectations and that the policies and procedures of Essex Property Trust would not be followed and would not be enforced by this manager to everyone in the community I would not have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience in management, leasing and Yardi software   1 Answer

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Hayward, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw ad for job on Craigslist but applied for the job on LinkedIn. Received a phone call the following day. Interviewer wasted no time setting up an interview, but also invited me to an upcoming job fair. I opted for the the interview. Interview was with the person who would be my supervisor. Length of interview lasted about an hour. Very comfortable setting.

Interview Questions

• What is an area you feel you could improve?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust.

Interview

No more on-line questionnaire. On site interview with Management is pleasant. I interviewed with a manager and two regional managers at the time. Sometimes you interview with a assistant then a manager. Dress nice and smile. The questions are standard and nothing complicated, customer service is the most important skill you can come with. I got ask lots of questions as well that made me feel comfortable with applying for this company. They will call the reference afterword's and are pretty quick in contacting you after that. I did not do role playing, although I am not sure if they do that now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Leasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Mateo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had two in person interviews with a community manager. Easy interview, none of your standard questions like " Why should we hire you?" or "When was a time you had to handle a difficult client?" or anything along those lines. Interview was more like a conversation where the community manager was trying to feel you out and get to know you a little.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Telephone and in person interview. Recruiter reached out to see if I was interested and was very upbeat. Scheduled the interviews and I did both phone and in person interviews. Generic.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions, description of the company's success.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Typical process beginning with a phone screen, and a follow up call back should you be selected to proceed to the on site interview. The remaining steps included drug screening, reference verification, and background check

Interview Questions

• Typical scenario questions, tell me about yourself . . .   Answer Question