Essex Property Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Essex Property Trust

2.6

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Basic Questions were asked while he was looking at my breasts. He didn't really pay attention to what I was saying. He kept undressing me with his eyes which made me uncomfortable. Then I started to ask questions and I had to keep repeating myself.

Interview Questions

• How do you provide the best service?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Hemet, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with a woman regional supervisor for Essex. She and I had a 45 min long phone interview, then she requested I come in for a one on one in person interview at the actual property located in Hemet. We went through basic property management scenarios, and how I would handle each situation. After 45-1 hour, she requested I come back the next Tuesday at 3 PM, for a final interview with another member of upper management. I showed up on that Tuesday at 3 PM as she requested, only to have her tell me in a very rude and unprofessional manner, that she never scheduled an interview with me. I showed her the hand written document she handed me with the appointment date and time in her handwriting, and she made a scene in front of the entire office. She said "I never called you back so obviously I was not interested". I was aghast at her unprofessional attitude and behavior. I had taken an entire day off of work and drove over an hour and half for an interview she scheduled and she forgot all about it. I told her I was no longer interested in working for a company that conducted themselves in this fashion, and left the office. I feel I dodged a major bullet and I'm thankful I saw how upper management treats employees and prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• General property management scenarios, and how you would handle them. If you are experienced in this industry, you will have no problem with the questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Straight forward, meeting people and discussing real estate. Overall, with a few exceptions, the interview process was pretty decent. They want to know you'll work hard, are smart, and will be able to learn. Long hours are part of the job, and they'll inquire about it.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your interest in real estate, and why.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Attended property management career fair to network for a corporate office job. Resume was forwarded to corporate but no one ever called me. I followed up a week later and got the standard "we'll contact you if we're interested" response... which means they weren't.

Interview Questions

• Describe your property management experience.
      How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submit online application via website; phone interview; Interview with Manager, test computer skill on Office; contact two referrals; offer letter; offer accepted contingent with result of drug test and background check.

ACM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I applied online. Out of state. I interviewed with the manager of the actual property I applied to as well as a regional manager at the time. It was noce because I was an out of state applicant, but the process was pretty simple

Interview Questions

• They asked standard interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, positive customer interaction, upset resident resolution.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, had a phone screen then was asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with a few members of the team and was asked to come in again for a second in person interview. During the second interview I met with the manager and director. An offer letter followed along with the drug test and background screening.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

how would you run your property ,how would you staff, what are you looking for, describe positive interaction with residents.
    describehow to handle a angry resident. what special skills do you have

Interview Questions

• how to handle large number of vacant turnover   2 Answers

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, easy. If you don't pass then you should probably re-evaluate yourself. They're looking to see if you can fit in with the team and pick up on your personality.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Hayward, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw ad for job on Craigslist but applied for the job on LinkedIn. Received a phone call the following day. Interviewer wasted no time setting up an interview, but also invited me to an upcoming job fair. I opted for the the interview. Interview was with the person who would be my supervisor. Length of interview lasted about an hour. Very comfortable setting.

Interview Questions

• What is an area you feel you could improve?   1 Answer