Essex Property Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essex Property Trust Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, very easy through website. Answered a few questions, completed an app. Was contacted about 2 days later for a phone interview. In person interview scheduled, was very professional, great appearance, atmosphere, they really sold the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle fast paced enviornment   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Mateo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen shortly after applying and then had an onsite interview a few days after phone screen.

I was told I'd be given an answer a week after my interview; I didn't hear anything, so I followed up the next Monday and was told the team was still conducting interviews.

Two weeks after last update, I still have no answer and saw that job has been re-posted online.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and how you rectified it.   Answer Question

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Hayward, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw ad for job on Craigslist but applied for the job on LinkedIn. Received a phone call the following day. Interviewer wasted no time setting up an interview, but also invited me to an upcoming job fair. I opted for the the interview. Interview was with the person who would be my supervisor. Length of interview lasted about an hour. Very comfortable setting.

Interview Questions

• What is an area you feel you could improve?   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust.

Interview

No more on-line questionnaire. On site interview with Management is pleasant. I interviewed with a manager and two regional managers at the time. Sometimes you interview with a assistant then a manager. Dress nice and smile. The questions are standard and nothing complicated, customer service is the most important skill you can come with. I got ask lots of questions as well that made me feel comfortable with applying for this company. They will call the reference afterword's and are pretty quick in contacting you after that. I did not do role playing, although I am not sure if they do that now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Leasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Mateo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had two in person interviews with a community manager. Easy interview, none of your standard questions like " Why should we hire you?" or "When was a time you had to handle a difficult client?" or anything along those lines. Interview was more like a conversation where the community manager was trying to feel you out and get to know you a little.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Telephone and in person interview. Recruiter reached out to see if I was interested and was very upbeat. Scheduled the interviews and I did both phone and in person interviews. Generic.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions, description of the company's success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Two interviews before job was offered (regional / property manager) but watch out for their lingo on your start date and employee housing discount.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward, had a phone screen then was asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with a few members of the team and was asked to come in again for a second in person interview. During the second interview I met with the manager and director. An offer letter followed along with the drug test and background screening.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to their career fair. I found their posting on craigslist and decided to give it a shot. there were a lot of hiring managers there to interview applicants. I had three managers interview me at once.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of going above and beyond? If you were to watch any sports game, can you keep score or do you need someone to keep score?   Answer Question

Essex Property Trust Response

Dec 24, 2015 – Director of Culture and Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to visit our booth at the career fair and for applying with Essex. And we’re pleased that you accepted our offer. But we did notice that you gave us a neutral rating on ... More

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust.

Interview

Interview was with 2 property managers and Regional. About 45 min. Questions regarding previous customer service situations. Regional described how company is different from others in property management. Each of the managers were very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake you've made at a previous job and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered hourly and ensured that the commission would provide a large amount of income.