Essex Property Trust Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Essex Property Trust Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, very easy through website. Answered a few questions, completed an app. Was contacted about 2 days later for a phone interview. In person interview scheduled, was very professional, great appearance, atmosphere, they really sold the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle fast paced enviornment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Two interviews before job was offered (regional / property manager) but watch out for their lingo on your start date and employee housing discount.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submit online application via website; phone interview; Interview with Manager, test computer skill on Office; contact two referrals; offer letter; offer accepted contingent with result of drug test and background check.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Basic Questions were asked while he was looking at my breasts. He didn't really pay attention to what I was saying. He kept undressing me with his eyes which made me uncomfortable. Then I started to ask questions and I had to keep repeating myself.

Interview Questions

• How do you provide the best service?   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Woodland Hills, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

This was a job fair and all the Essex staff were very friendly and welcoming. I was met and interviewed by a regional manager who was also gracious. The interview was focused on what I could do for the company as it grows, not so much a review of my past experience. This seemed like a very efficient approach.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more of a higher level perspective and I was prepared with having done research. Nothing was dificult.   Answer Question

Leasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Irvine, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter and did a phone interview. From there the property manager would call me and she never did so 2 weeks later I followed up with the recruiter. She pressed the manager to make the call. Management final made the call and brought me in for a interview that took 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Studio City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview, then a 2nd in-person interview. You're interviewed by the property manager that's running that particular building, and the interview is usually done at that same property, which is where you'll be working at. They'll want to know your time management skills, how you are in emergency situations (there's a lot of these), and how you'll deal with VERY unhappy tenants (A LOT of these... these are a constant, everyday scenario with this job).

Interview Questions

• "Are you smart?" was actually 1 of the interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essex Property Trust (Irvine, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

it really depends on who you meet. there is no standard.