Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied directly on the Essilor company website. Was contacted within a week to set up a phone interview with HR. Phone interview was followed by an in person interview with the team a week later.

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2017.

Interview

It took 14+ days after I applied for anyone to contact me. And the only reason I was contacted was because I sent an email directly to a C level person. The recruiter I spoke with was not prepared. She did not even read my resume and asked the same question repeatedly. This person said they would send me their contact information and it took 48+ hours to do that. She also could not answer any of the questions I asked. Seemed annoyed to be interviewing me

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with insurance companies   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

1 online recorded interview, 1 phone interview, 2 face to face, 1 role play, online sales and personality assessments, Met with hiring manager and local lab manager, spoke on phone with rep who supports the local sales rep. ultimately did not get the offer because they hired someone with industry experience. Overall it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about how you would meet challenges, give examples of a difficult situation that you encountered...   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen went great. Onsite interview was with potential colleague and potential boss in 1:1 settings. Colleague was great, asked good questions and interacted, provided good insight to the role. Potential boss did not care to be there. Was late to the interview, maybe asked two questions and in general did not care to meet with me. Almost asked why we were even there as she obviously did not want to be. Advice, make sure everyone is on board with meeting candidates, otherwise it's just a waste of time for the candidate and the employees.

Interview Questions

• General questions; Tell me about yourself? Provide me an example of a time you had to deal with___?   Answer Question

Human Resources Designate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

HR is a mess, bad communication and they make you interview with multiple people asking the same questions over and over. 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. They also use personality tests for some reason which are not job related.

Diversity and Inclusion Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a call about the position. Was sent personality test and excel skills test. Was sent the wrong test that was extremely advanced for the position and not as stated by recruiter. Sent proper test and once everything was completed no word from recruiter after trying to find out status.

Interview Questions

• What is your diversity and inclusion experience?
      How would you increase diversity?
      Are you familiar with Microsoft office?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmira, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Elmira, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process for Essilor is quite extensive and very thorough. I applied the end of August online and was contacted by a recruiter mid September. I did an initial phone interview with the recruiter, a week later then did an interview on location with 2 employees, one week after that another on location interview was conducted and finally a final interview was conducted via phone with HR. Unfortunately, after the long process and being the prime candidate, the position was put "on hold".

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service perspective?   1 Answer

Director Key Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, left a message, I tried to call back and did not reach her. I tried for a week before she finally called me again. When we spoke, she told me I was under qualified and to look at the position for the next level down. By the way, she was "outside, because it was such a nice day". There was too much noise in the background. I have never had a recruiter do that and found it unprofessional. After she told me I was unqualified it made me wonder why they called if they already knew that. I looked at the position for the next level down and called her back as she had requested. I emailed her too to follow up as she had requested. After 5 weeks I still never heard back from her. I received 3 rejection letters from Essilor as well. It's insulting and unprofessional. Even more disappointing as my current company does business with this lab. We will be switching labs very soon as a result of this poor treatment, and it's too bad because we are a large account for Essilor.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview started with the typical interview questions. The interview was very easy. They asked me a couple of behavioral questions like tell me about yourself and where do you see yourself in 5 years. further into the interview they went over my resume and asked me to describe about my projects. In the end they gave me a situation and asked how i would react to the situation. the situation was related to the Software Development Life Cycle.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

*Two round interview: first with seniors in the team, second with directors and managers
    *Last for almost 5-6 weeks
    *No wired questions. Typical interview questions.
    *Interviewers were nice and friendly. They went through the resume, asked many whys, and introduced their program in details.
    * The rotation program is not only limited to the positions shown on the job description. There are other teams that candidates can apply for.
    * The candidate can choose one or more specific teams to stay
    * The internship might expand to full time hiring.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you choose this rotation program? " Then followed by"Seems like you are finding your career direction. So, what's your career goal? Which area you want to work for?"   Answer Question