Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essilor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.8

Cost Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Bangkok (Thailand)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. First with the potential direct manager, then after boss validation with the regional HR (both face to face) then finally with the finance manager in HQ in France (phone interview).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was first told there was no room for negotiation but I insisted and got a bit more than the first offer after 2 weeks.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen went great. Onsite interview was with potential colleague and potential boss in 1:1 settings. Colleague was great, asked good questions and interacted, provided good insight to the role. Potential boss did not care to be there. Was late to the interview, maybe asked two questions and in general did not care to meet with me. Almost asked why we were even there as she obviously did not want to be. Advice, make sure everyone is on board with meeting candidates, otherwise it's just a waste of time for the candidate and the employees.

Interview Questions

• General questions; Tell me about yourself? Provide me an example of a time you had to deal with___?   Answer Question

LensForce: Training and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

One of the best interviews, thorough and yet exhaustive! Interactive !
    Essilor is a great organization and emphasis was given to the right fit and since they invest a lot in training they want to make sure they get the right candidate!
    Due deligence is given to the person who values the mission and who is in sync with their vision and values

Interview Questions

• It was a learning for both the interviewer and the interviewee!
      Open ended questions like How do you think the organization will help you in achieving your dreams
      1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by HR and the manager of the IT department. They mostly asked culture questions but the manager did ask a few knowledge questions. Since I was applying for an entry level job, these questions were mostly related to school. They were very friendly and well understood my position.

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person interview, followed up by a phone call with offer. Emailed paperwork to print and took with me first day. Typical interview questions in person and via phone.

Interview Questions

• What reason are you interested in working for us?   1 Answer

Marketing and Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Just asked about background and interests. What I hope to achieve doing such an internship and where I would see myself in the future. Basically questions that are asked for internships

Ressources Humaines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charenton-le-Pont (France)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Charenton-le-Pont (France)) in June 2015.

Interview

J'ai eu connaissance du besoin de l'employeur par l'intermédiaire de la chargée d'incertion du centre de formation, cette information était issue d'un cabinet de recrutement, avec qui j'ai réalisé un premier entretien à distance sur skype. Dans un second temps, l'employeur m'a contacté directement pour un entretien. Il s'est déroulé en présence de la chargé de recrutement et de la tutrice de stage, dans une atmosphère détendue et conviviale.

Interview Questions

• Parlez nous de votre parcours professionnel   1 Answer

Human Resources Designate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

HR is a mess, bad communication and they make you interview with multiple people asking the same questions over and over. 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. They also use personality tests for some reason which are not job related.

Chef de projet junior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charenton-le-Pont (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Charenton-le-Pont (France)) in June 2013.

Interview

Lors d'un forum à l'école j'ai rencontré les recruteurs de Essilor.
    Ensuite ils m'ont contacté par téléphone pour convenir d'une date d'entretien collectif.
    Après cet entretien j'ai été appelé à nouveau pour un entretien avec mon futur tuteur

Interview Questions

Negotiation

il n'y a pas eu de phase de négociation

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Extensive process with seven rounds of interviews with multiple levels of management in various locations. One on one and group interviews were the norm. Some people seemed interested while others seemed to be just filling time with you. Most of the people I talked with were very nice.