Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essilor Interview Questions

Interviews at Essilor

2.7

Admin Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Essilor in November 2016.

Interview

They scheduled the interview right away. It was long but a friendly interview, not very formal. They asked the regular questions, the interview was extremely professional but not too serious. Right after the first interview, the second one was scheduled and then the third and last one. Within a week they made a decision.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, salary, reason for looking for another job...   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen went great. Onsite interview was with potential colleague and potential boss in 1:1 settings. Colleague was great, asked good questions and interacted, provided good insight to the role. Potential boss did not care to be there. Was late to the interview, maybe asked two questions and in general did not care to meet with me. Almost asked why we were even there as she obviously did not want to be. Advice, make sure everyone is on board with meeting candidates, otherwise it's just a waste of time for the candidate and the employees.

Interview Questions

• General questions; Tell me about yourself? Provide me an example of a time you had to deal with___?   Answer Question

Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Phone screening by HR recruiter; 2.Hiring manager on site interview; 3. One on-site interview with hiring manager peer 4. Three on-site business leader interviews; 5. Panel interview by peers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict between company departments?   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

After applying I quickly received a request for a phone interview. The phone interview was just reviewing my resume and background. Answered some basic questions and then scheduled a formal face to face interview with the hiring manager and two others. The interviewer was late and we talked about the role and my resume. The next two interview went well and covered my resume and my role at the new company. Nothing but positives to say about face to face interview and the people giving the interviews. They were welcoming and displayed that it would be a good place to work. After following up the interview I have not heard anything back about the interview. I sent a follow up email two weeks later and no response from the hiring manager or the recruiter. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are some situations where you implemented internal controls? How did they work.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

*Two round interview: first with seniors in the team, second with directors and managers
    *Last for almost 5-6 weeks
    *No wired questions. Typical interview questions.
    *Interviewers were nice and friendly. They went through the resume, asked many whys, and introduced their program in details.
    * The rotation program is not only limited to the positions shown on the job description. There are other teams that candidates can apply for.
    * The candidate can choose one or more specific teams to stay
    * The internship might expand to full time hiring.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you choose this rotation program? " Then followed by"Seems like you are finding your career direction. So, what's your career goal? Which area you want to work for?"   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2013.

Interview

Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiable.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Two step process.
    First step: Fill out application
    Second Step: On site Interview with three current employees in financial department.
    Had to wait for long time after I filled out online application.
    There was no email or phone call regarding if i got or i did not.
    Also, one lady was kind of arrogant when she was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about out company?
      How did you hear about us?
      What was your biggest project?
      What is is a bad day for you?
      What is a good day for you?
      Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Farmers Branch, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Entire interview process was not well managed. This may be partially caused by HR and partially within Finance. Interviewers were late and not prepared. Questions were mostly basic, except for excel usage and capabilities.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Telephone contact, face to face interview, telephone contact, offer letter via email and phone confirmation. Actually had two sales managers that knew how to speak and interview sales reps. their presentation was very professional, and questions were open ended was asked how I worked with current customers, did not ask me for customer lists or expected me to go after current customers. The interview went very well with the two that interviewed me, unfortunately because they were messed over nine months later, they were not in my chain for long.

Negotiation

easy straight forward

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Patience is key. The process for this size of a company is very long. I am going to guess that the reason is due to the amount of applicants. There are a lot of applicants now due to industry changes. A new hire will have to endure a time period of training before getting into the field. Training can be tedious, but important to success. Show tolerance to this in an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes...salary is not very negotiable, however, vacation, and sales time frame guarantees are.