Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essilor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.7

Admin Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Essilor in November 2016.

Interview

They scheduled the interview right away. It was long but a friendly interview, not very formal. They asked the regular questions, the interview was extremely professional but not too serious. Right after the first interview, the second one was scheduled and then the third and last one. Within a week they made a decision.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, salary, reason for looking for another job...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Just asked about background and interests. What I hope to achieve doing such an internship and where I would see myself in the future. Basically questions that are asked for internships

Human Resources Designate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

HR is a mess, bad communication and they make you interview with multiple people asking the same questions over and over. 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. They also use personality tests for some reason which are not job related.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Two Interviews: Applied through University job posting. Two Interviews: Behavioral and Functional. Straightforward and relaxed. The interviewers were mid level managers that were working at the company. No specific HR interview.

Successful Interview
    Accepted offer
    Positive experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a Marketing program that you were impressed with   1 Answer

Diversity and Inclusion Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a call about the position. Was sent personality test and excel skills test. Was sent the wrong test that was extremely advanced for the position and not as stated by recruiter. Sent proper test and once everything was completed no word from recruiter after trying to find out status.

Interview Questions

• What is your diversity and inclusion experience?
      How would you increase diversity?
      Are you familiar with Microsoft office?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmira, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Elmira, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process for Essilor is quite extensive and very thorough. I applied the end of August online and was contacted by a recruiter mid September. I did an initial phone interview with the recruiter, a week later then did an interview on location with 2 employees, one week after that another on location interview was conducted and finally a final interview was conducted via phone with HR. Unfortunately, after the long process and being the prime candidate, the position was put "on hold".

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service perspective?   1 Answer

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Then face to face interview with hiring manager. And one other person. Quick through the phone but took a long time to get back to me to schedule face to face

Interview Questions

Higher management is strict and unbalanced. I would recommend to join another sales division such as their lab side. Better yet, don't apply here.

Director Key Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, left a message, I tried to call back and did not reach her. I tried for a week before she finally called me again. When we spoke, she told me I was under qualified and to look at the position for the next level down. By the way, she was "outside, because it was such a nice day". There was too much noise in the background. I have never had a recruiter do that and found it unprofessional. After she told me I was unqualified it made me wonder why they called if they already knew that. I looked at the position for the next level down and called her back as she had requested. I emailed her too to follow up as she had requested. After 5 weeks I still never heard back from her. I received 3 rejection letters from Essilor as well. It's insulting and unprofessional. Even more disappointing as my current company does business with this lab. We will be switching labs very soon as a result of this poor treatment, and it's too bad because we are a large account for Essilor.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Over Phone, and than live interview. You meet with multiple different people. The process was good, but after the interview communication needs work.Liked the interviewer, was very knowledgeable about the company and the history, and future opinion of company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview started with the typical interview questions. The interview was very easy. They asked me a couple of behavioral questions like tell me about yourself and where do you see yourself in 5 years. further into the interview they went over my resume and asked me to describe about my projects. In the end they gave me a situation and asked how i would react to the situation. the situation was related to the Software Development Life Cycle.