Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.7

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Then face to face interview with hiring manager. And one other person. Quick through the phone but took a long time to get back to me to schedule face to face

Interview Questions

Higher management is strict and unbalanced. I would recommend to join another sales division such as their lab side. Better yet, don't apply here.

Director Key Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, left a message, I tried to call back and did not reach her. I tried for a week before she finally called me again. When we spoke, she told me I was under qualified and to look at the position for the next level down. By the way, she was "outside, because it was such a nice day". There was too much noise in the background. I have never had a recruiter do that and found it unprofessional. After she told me I was unqualified it made me wonder why they called if they already knew that. I looked at the position for the next level down and called her back as she had requested. I emailed her too to follow up as she had requested. After 5 weeks I still never heard back from her. I received 3 rejection letters from Essilor as well. It's insulting and unprofessional. Even more disappointing as my current company does business with this lab. We will be switching labs very soon as a result of this poor treatment, and it's too bad because we are a large account for Essilor.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Over Phone, and than live interview. You meet with multiple different people. The process was good, but after the interview communication needs work.Liked the interviewer, was very knowledgeable about the company and the history, and future opinion of company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

very clear and made feel safe about what both sides were expecting from it. First online interview with skype and then 1;1 in Dallas HQ with future manger, HR person, and a third one with Sales director

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview started with the typical interview questions. The interview was very easy. They asked me a couple of behavioral questions like tell me about yourself and where do you see yourself in 5 years. further into the interview they went over my resume and asked me to describe about my projects. In the end they gave me a situation and asked how i would react to the situation. the situation was related to the Software Development Life Cycle.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

*Two round interview: first with seniors in the team, second with directors and managers
    *Last for almost 5-6 weeks
    *No wired questions. Typical interview questions.
    *Interviewers were nice and friendly. They went through the resume, asked many whys, and introduced their program in details.
    * The rotation program is not only limited to the positions shown on the job description. There are other teams that candidates can apply for.
    * The candidate can choose one or more specific teams to stay
    * The internship might expand to full time hiring.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you choose this rotation program? " Then followed by"Seems like you are finding your career direction. So, what's your career goal? Which area you want to work for?"   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor (Groveport, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was short for the most part. I had to take a drug test and have a background check done to see if I was eligible for employment but overall an easy experience and very quick, no more than a week.

Interview Questions

• Asked about morals, work ethic, etc.   2 Answers

Part Time Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online via my campus website and was called in for an interview the same week. The interview process was smooth- there was a phone interview first and then an in person interview on site. They were very professional and the interview went well. I was unable to accept the position due to schedule conflicts, but I would consider applying again the the future for a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest challenges in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

Telephone contact, face to face interview, telephone contact, offer letter via email and phone confirmation. Actually had two sales managers that knew how to speak and interview sales reps. their presentation was very professional, and questions were open ended was asked how I worked with current customers, did not ask me for customer lists or expected me to go after current customers. The interview went very well with the two that interviewed me, unfortunately because they were messed over nine months later, they were not in my chain for long.

Negotiation

easy straight forward

Financial Analyst/Analyst Support Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. The next step was then a follow up face to face interview with manager which lasted an hour. They said they would contact me in the next couple of weeks if I got the job but I never received a call.