Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essilor Interview Questions

Interviews at Essilor

2.7

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (East Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Long but worth it. Thorough interview process. If you are serious about joining the Essilor group they do their proper vetting and it does take awhile to go through their candidates but absolutely worth it in the end.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Essilor (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Very long process took about 2 months . The interview consisted with about sales manager, Vice President and President of the company. One that is complete you have an interview with HR. The whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interviews questions   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Essilor in March 2017.

Interview

I attended an event in Detroit , Sales Network. I was able to meet with a manager who referred me to apply on the company website. Then, I was referred to the District Manager for a phone screen. Unfortunately I was told that I did not have experience for the sales position, they required at least 6 months to 1 year of sales experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between sales and marketing?
      2. Tell me about a difficult situation that you've been in and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Recruiting contacted me for an interview. I completed their basic skills test but never heard back from the company's inside recruiter even with period followups via phone and email.
    ADVICE - Avoid Essilor's recruiting team and try to communicate only with the hiring manager.

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person interview, followed up by a phone call with offer. Emailed paperwork to print and took with me first day. Typical interview questions in person and via phone.

Interview Questions

• What reason are you interested in working for us?   1 Answer

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor (Green Bay, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with the back lab manager and went over basic interview questions, toured the lab and wrapped it back up in the conference room. The process was pretty laid back but the lab manger didn't seem like she was fit to interview.

Interview Questions

• What were my goals for the next 5 years   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor.

Interview

This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Dudley, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was contacted for an interview a couple months later. I had a 2 hour phone interview followed by a 4 hour in person interview. Asked general interview questions and about background and knowledge of the field.

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essilor (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Toured the lab. Talked to the current management. Talked to senior management and hired on the spot. Written offer was received in three days. Very flexible on start date.

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dudley, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dudley, MA).

Interview

It was over 25 years ago that I was interviewed, and things have changed alot. Everyone goes through the application, from hourly to upper management. In engineering these aps are reviewed by the managers in the department hiring, then interviews are done one on one with each manager. They meet separately to decide who to bring back for round 2.

Interview Questions

• So long ago I can't remember, but it was all technical related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Each job has a job grade that has a min max, and they aim for mid. But if negotiation is higher, the following years will always be below everyone else to bring it back in line. Grad degrees add to this limit.