Essilor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essilor Interview Questions

Interviews at Essilor

2.7

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Essilor in September 2009.

Interview

phone screen with hr. invite to meet with hiring manager 1-1, this was more of a get to know you session and to see what type of sales person you are. light on behavioral questions but more heavy on experience and story telling. final interview 1-1 with hiring manager usually invite top 2-3 candidates back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Then face to face interview with hiring manager. And one other person. Quick through the phone but took a long time to get back to me to schedule face to face

Interview Questions

Higher management is strict and unbalanced. I would recommend to join another sales division such as their lab side. Better yet, don't apply here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Essilor (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

This process was entirely too long and honestly somewhat absurd. It started with a phone screen with an outside recruiter, moved to a video interview through a platform called HireVue, then to a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a phone interview with her boss, then a Gallup assessment for personality/ sales process acumen, and THEN would have moved to an in person interview (and honestly, who knows how many) had I not been offered and accepted another job. Overall poor communication and far too labor intensive of a process for the OTE and limited upside potential of this company.

Interview Questions

• All very rote- basic sales interview questions.

Tell me about how you manage your territory?
      Describe a time when you were able to expand sales within an existing account
      How do you prospect?
      What does your initial appointment with a prospect look like?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview at first.
    Wating for 2nd round face to face interview.
    Asked about the reason for leaving current position, why you think youself is suitable for this job.
    The whole phone interview process was very closing to the job requirement.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor in April 2010.

Interview

You will interview with every Director as well as the President at the local business unit. It's pleasant and just be yourself. The process will have you initially working with corporate headquarters in Dallas followed by interviews in Centennial, CO.

Negotiation

Good. Vacation is up for negotiation.

Senior Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview with 3 interviewers from various areas of the marketing department. Each interview was 15 minutes, and we just rotated through the 3 interviewers. All the interviews were behavioral and conversational in nature.

Director of Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Scheduled 9 hr interview. Prior phone screen. After 5 hours of interviews that went well, met with the VP doing the hiring who took about 8 minutes of 1.5 hr mtg, discovers I live out of town, complains about HR sending nonlocal, he closes his folder & gets HR to escort me out Lack of class.

Interview Questions

• Why does HR send me non-local candidates?   1 Answer

Part Time Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online via my campus website and was called in for an interview the same week. The interview process was smooth- there was a phone interview first and then an in person interview on site. They were very professional and the interview went well. I was unable to accept the position due to schedule conflicts, but I would consider applying again the the future for a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest challenges in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours.

Financial Analyst/Analyst Support Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Essilor (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. The next step was then a follow up face to face interview with manager which lasted an hour. They said they would contact me in the next couple of weeks if I got the job but I never received a call.

Senior EDI Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had 2 in-person interviews, one of those with an additional person via phone at another company office location.

Interview Questions

• They asked me technical questions about EDI processing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I was offered the position on a contract-to-hire basis, and was fully hired a month later.