Estée Lauder Companies Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Estée Lauder Companies Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Estée Lauder Companies

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

Very great - Met with a lot of people, got a full rundown on the Corporation and what the job was going to entail.

Interview Questions

• The 10 year vision, it is hard to answer this and tailor it to their expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was long - they took their time getting back to me and wore down my patience.

Other Interview Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Oakland, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call from a woman in the HR department on a Friday. She was very nice and told me she was interested in meeting with me. She asked me a few basic interview questions over the phone and she was VERY nice. She asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview that following Monday, and I agreed. When I got there I filled out a basic job application in the reception area (receptionist was extremely warm and friendly). After that I met with the woman from HR and she asked me some very easy interview questions and asked about my experience in cosmetics and retail. After that, I went into the company store and had an interview with the Manager. She was great; she assured me she is very easy to work with and I definitely believed her. She was also very friendly and warm. She asked me mostly the same questions I was asked in the HR interview. A week later I got a phone call from the Manager asking me to come in to fill out a little bit of paperwork (it took a week to call me back because it was over the Thanksgiving weekend). I went in, and she offered me the position contingent on my background check results. On Wednesday I got a call notifying me that my background check came back and I was officially hired. I started working the very next day.

Interview Questions

• How can your related career experience benefit the Company if you are hired for this position?   Answer Question
    • Which computer programs are you comfortable using?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what I would like to make per hour and I said 10 dollars (I am a student working part time). The manager then told me the starting pay was 11 dollars an hour, which I thought was great because I didn't even have to negotiate and instead of hiring me at the $10/hr like she could have, she stuck with the base pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2011.

Interview

had to go through 4 Interview steps - HR, hiring manager, presentation and GM.
    They asked general interview questions and it was not too difficult.
    The overall interview process was okay.