Estée Lauder Companies Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email to schedule an interview and I went in the next day. He seemed to like me and told my I would hear about a next interview. 3 days later they called to set up my next interview with Estée Lauder counter manager. She was very nice and just asked me a couple questions but said she really liked me. After that interview I did my talent plus online assessment. I will say I was really nervous about this one because I had read so many conflicting things from other people online but I didn't even really try on it and I did fine. It really just reveals your strengths to Estée Lauder. After a few days I had an interview with the account executive over FaceTime and once again she was so easy to talk to. She asked what I knew about Estée Lauder and stuff like that. I was offered the position and I can't wait to start. My best advice is to go in and be yourself. A lot of it has to do with your appareance honestly. Make sure you are dressed professionally and you're makeup is nice. Also do your research on the company, it's not required but it gives you a step up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews in total. Two interviews were in person at Macy's with a macy's employee and then with the counter manager specifically for Estee Lauder. I then had a phone interview with the Estee Lauder regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Estee Lauder and what makes you want to work for Estee Lauder?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Sioux City, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back 2 days later from the cosmetic manager to come in for in interview. I had a face to face interview with the cosmetic manager and HR the day after they reached out to me to come in. For the interview I dressed professional, wore my hair in loose curls, & wore a full face of makeup even incorporating Estee Lauder products. My face to face interview went great, and the cosmetic manager than directed me that the next step was to take the Talent Plus test online & advised me to call him that I finished it as soon as it was done. Immediately after the interview I was emailed the link to complete the test. The test was basically a personality test that gave scenarios and it was multiple choice and you had to pick an answer that you felt was right. It took me about 25-30 mins to complete. The test judges you on your work ethic, problem solving skills, your confidence, and basically how you would react to certain things in life. When you take this test just relax, be honest, and BE YOURSELF! I answered truthfully & didnt think much of it. About 2 days later I received a phone call from the Estee Lauder Executive to have a phone interview with her, and about 4-5 hours later of speaking with her, the cosmetic manager called me and extended a job offer. They really look for people who are people person material, customer service and sales are #1. If your shy, I dont think this type of job will be for you. The best advice I can give is to be confident in yourself, because if you are - they will be confident in employing you. Goodluck!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

My first interview, was through facetime, and i thought i did not get the job, but i got an email a month later for an interview . I went in for the interview, and then that went well, so i was scheduled to come in the following week to interview with the general manager. and there he told me i got the job. Although i wanted full time, but my full time classes are in the way.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult task, you ever had to face at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interview is easy never show up to a place without a resume. You are asked common questions what are you looking to do? Do you work somewhere else? Are you open?

Negotiation

No negotiation the minimum wage is set. I tried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Tulsa, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, then in store with human resources, and then talent plus. I'm still waiting to hear how it went. The talent plus was the most difficult. Some questions caught me off guard. I was honest but sometimes fumbled on what I was trying to say so it may not have sounded truthful. Before the talent plus I was pretty confident, but after, I'm not sure if I will get the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you fiercely competitive   1 Answer
    • Would co workers say you're organized
      give example   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through job site. Phone interview with recruiter. Next, talent plus interview. Then interview with account exec. Next, interview with manager of store you're connected with. If you are right for the position, this company will do all they can to get you hired. I would recommend it to anyone. Very nice people to work with!

Interview Questions

• Are you hungrier than most?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in June 2015.

Interview

I landed an interview with Macy's ( I was initially going for the commission sales, nothing in cosmetics) but the manager loved me so much she wanted me to work with her. She wanted me to be in the cosmetics department since not to toot my own horn but I always get compliments on my makeup and your girl can sell. She went ahead and suggested Estée Lauder. I did the interview with her, then I had anther face to face interview the following day with another manager and a supervisor. I also did great, I then had to go through a phone interview " Talent Plus". They called me and asked to schedule an appointment. My appointment day came and they called me right on time. It was about a 40minute interview. I thought I did great, gave solid honest answers and all in all I thought I nailed it. That was on Monday. A week passed by and nothing. I called Macy's manager and she told me she would contact Estée Lauder to see my results. Another day passes by and she informs me I was not a match. She was at disbelief as so was I. She offered me another job that doesn't involve this nonsense

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Natick, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through macy's, got an email asking for an interview, came in the next day, passed the in person interview, then got a phone call to set up the phone interview. After a half an hour phone call with talent plus, a week later I was told I failed. How does someone fail an interview they already took. Seriously estee lauder, get it together and out of the 20th century. I had a whole list of people ready to follow me to your counter if I had passed that interview. Your major loss.

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Beaumont, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Macy's. Application and questionnaire took about an hour. They responded via email for me to schedule an interview for myself online. I met with the store manager, who read questions and wrote my responses. My name was passed down to Estée Lauder rep who scheduled a Talent Plus interview. The best was to do well on the Talent Plus interview is to familiarize yourself with the types of questions through Glassdoor or Google. I think interviewed with an Estée Lauder rep and counter manager face to face. After that Macy's called me in to offer me the job. Just stay bubbly and positive throughout the process and everything will work out, whether you have experience or not!

Interview Questions

• Are you addicted to positivism?   1 Answer
    • Why Estée Lauder/Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Are you honest? Scale of 1-10   1 Answer
    • Are you assertive?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about complainers?   1 Answer