Estée Lauder Companies Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Estée Lauder Companies Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Estée Lauder Companies

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Tulsa, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, then in store with human resources, and then talent plus. I'm still waiting to hear how it went. The talent plus was the most difficult. Some questions caught me off guard. I was honest but sometimes fumbled on what I was trying to say so it may not have sounded truthful. Before the talent plus I was pretty confident, but after, I'm not sure if I will get the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you fiercely competitive   1 Answer
  • Would co workers say you're organized
    give example   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through job site. Phone interview with recruiter. Next, talent plus interview. Then interview with account exec. Next, interview with manager of store you're connected with. If you are right for the position, this company will do all they can to get you hired. I would recommend it to anyone. Very nice people to work with!

Interview Questions

• Are you hungrier than most?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in June 2015.

Interview

I landed an interview with Macy's ( I was initially going for the commission sales, nothing in cosmetics) but the manager loved me so much she wanted me to work with her. She wanted me to be in the cosmetics department since not to toot my own horn but I always get compliments on my makeup and your girl can sell. She went ahead and suggested Estée Lauder. I did the interview with her, then I had anther face to face interview the following day with another manager and a supervisor. I also did great, I then had to go through a phone interview " Talent Plus". They called me and asked to schedule an appointment. My appointment day came and they called me right on time. It was about a 40minute interview. I thought I did great, gave solid honest answers and all in all I thought I nailed it. That was on Monday. A week passed by and nothing. I called Macy's manager and she told me she would contact Estée Lauder to see my results. Another day passes by and she informs me I was not a match. She was at disbelief as so was I. She offered me another job that doesn't involve this nonsense

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Natick, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through macy's, got an email asking for an interview, came in the next day, passed the in person interview, then got a phone call to set up the phone interview. After a half an hour phone call with talent plus, a week later I was told I failed. How does someone fail an interview they already took. Seriously estee lauder, get it together and out of the 20th century. I had a whole list of people ready to follow me to your counter if I had passed that interview. Your major loss.

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Beaumont, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Macy's. Application and questionnaire took about an hour. They responded via email for me to schedule an interview for myself online. I met with the store manager, who read questions and wrote my responses. My name was passed down to Estée Lauder rep who scheduled a Talent Plus interview. The best was to do well on the Talent Plus interview is to familiarize yourself with the types of questions through Glassdoor or Google. I think interviewed with an Estée Lauder rep and counter manager face to face. After that Macy's called me in to offer me the job. Just stay bubbly and positive throughout the process and everything will work out, whether you have experience or not!

Interview Questions

• Are you addicted to positivism?   1 Answer
    • Why Estée Lauder/Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Are you honest? Scale of 1-10   1 Answer
    • Are you assertive?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about complainers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Almost 2 hours long phone interview. General repetitive questions. 2nd interview with brand executive, 3rd with counter mgr. Then they take forever to make an offer. If its Macy's they dont pay much.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to bring in sales on a slow day? (In person interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They want to see your previous sales experience and make sure you are able to make their numbers. Have you worked for other companies previous to theirs? if so where and how long? what was the result in their sales? Tell me about a time when you took initiative to get something done?

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email to schedule an interview and I went in the next day. He seemed to like me and told my I would hear about a next interview. 3 days later they called to set up my next interview with Estée Lauder counter manager. She was very nice and just asked me a couple questions but said she really liked me. After that interview I did my talent plus online assessment. I will say I was really nervous about this one because I had read so many conflicting things from other people online but I didn't even really try on it and I did fine. It really just reveals your strengths to Estée Lauder. After a few days I had an interview with the account executive over FaceTime and once again she was so easy to talk to. She asked what I knew about Estée Lauder and stuff like that. I was offered the position and I can't wait to start. My best advice is to go in and be yourself. A lot of it has to do with your appareance honestly. Make sure you are dressed professionally and you're makeup is nice. Also do your research on the company, it's not required but it gives you a step up.

Anonymous Employee in Camp Lejeune, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Camp Lejeune, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I had 4 interviews 2 via phone
    and 2 instore. I had to take a test called talent plus. That was the hardest part out of the whole process. I answered questions via email. Then I met with the counter manager who then discussed pay and the next steps to getting the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel strongly about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. they said this is how much you get take it or leave it. I was just happy to have gotten an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Sioux City, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back 2 days later from the cosmetic manager to come in for in interview. I had a face to face interview with the cosmetic manager and HR the day after they reached out to me to come in. For the interview I dressed professional, wore my hair in loose curls, & wore a full face of makeup even incorporating Estee Lauder products. My face to face interview went great, and the cosmetic manager than directed me that the next step was to take the Talent Plus test online & advised me to call him that I finished it as soon as it was done. Immediately after the interview I was emailed the link to complete the test. The test was basically a personality test that gave scenarios and it was multiple choice and you had to pick an answer that you felt was right. It took me about 25-30 mins to complete. The test judges you on your work ethic, problem solving skills, your confidence, and basically how you would react to certain things in life. When you take this test just relax, be honest, and BE YOURSELF! I answered truthfully & didnt think much of it. About 2 days later I received a phone call from the Estee Lauder Executive to have a phone interview with her, and about 4-5 hours later of speaking with her, the cosmetic manager called me and extended a job offer. They really look for people who are people person material, customer service and sales are #1. If your shy, I dont think this type of job will be for you. The best advice I can give is to be confident in yourself, because if you are - they will be confident in employing you. Goodluck!