Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. It took some time to get a phone call back, but the interview process was quick and professional once it got going. The Talent Acquisition Manager at Estée Lauder Companies contacted me first for a casual phone interview to get my background. She told me the position I applied to had been filled and after hearing my background suggested another role which I agreed would be ideal. Shortly after the phone call, she emailed me a job description that just opened up, I confirmed I was interested, and she set me up with my first of four interviews the next day. The interviews consisted of me sharing my portfolio of work, talking about my background, what they were looking for, and why I was interested in the position. Everyone was very easy to talk to, polite, and professional. From first contact with HR about possible opportunities to receiving a formal job offer letter took about a week and half.

As someone who was seeking a new position while still working I appreciated how fast the company was able to get me through the interview process while being able to schedule the interviews around my availability. 5 Stars!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Estée Lauder Companies?   2 Answers

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

applied online. maybe like two weeks later the area manager emailed me and asked could we meet during the week. she changed the location like 3 times and never called me for a phone interview she rescheduled.

Presidential Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview with a member of the Global Management Strategies team, he was receptive and the interview was more of a casual phone screening, asking about how I viewed leadership, why I was interested in the position and what I learned from past experiences that I could apply

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Estee Lauder Companies?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Miami, FL).

Interview

Consister of three rounds: HR, Manager and Director. All interviewers were friendly and it felt a lot like a conversation rather than an interview. The HR interviews were about my long/short term goals. The Manager's was more technical based on skills and my ability to do the job. The Director's was mostly behavioral and seeing if I would be the right fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Define gross margin, market share and other marketing terms.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was set up through my staffing agency within 3 days. I met with the two Directors running the department, they both had different skills and tasks they would require of me. Both of the women were thorough and fair. Within three days I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• If I was comfortable with handling complex calendars   2 Answers

Holiday Temp Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to complete and submit a writing test, a brief phone internee, and then met with the hiring manager for about 20 minutes in person. He asked me basic questions such as schooling experiece, prior employment, long and short-term goals, skills that I had that I believed made me a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I'd be a good fit for the position.   1 Answer

Creative/Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was positive and enjoyable. The internal recruiter was extremely hands-on and pro-active through every step. I met with several key stake-holders across the business. Each stake-holder provided clarity on the company goals and the role needs. Each conversation was unique and added more insight as to the people and culture at Estée Lauder. All interviews were friendly yet professional.

Interview Questions

• Can you detail your expertise across the beauty/luxury industries?   2 Answers

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First I completed an assessment test, then called in for an interview with Macy's, after that I was scheduled a talent + telephone interview with Estee Lauder. At the end of my interview, the analyst who conducted the interview said Macy's will call me for another interview and Macy's will make the decision. When I interviewed with Macy's the first time, the hiring manager told me if I don't pass the talent + portion, it doesn't mean I can't work for Macy's, it only means I can't work for an Estee Lauder brand. So I have no idea if I passed the talent + portion or not.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. I was contacted by a recruiter and had all interviews the same week. Questions were very basic. They were not open to negotiate salary at all. I decided to accept because of learning experience and company reputation, salary was not very attractive.

Interview Questions

• How would you react in a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Bangor, ME).

Interview

Easy, applied through macys. Then was hired may be 3 weeks later and went to a four day training after that. Great company to work for. Definatly would recommend the company to others.

Negotiation