Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. It took some time to get a phone call back, but the interview process was quick and professional once it got going. The Talent Acquisition Manager at Estée Lauder Companies contacted me first for a casual phone interview to get my background. She told me the position I applied to had been filled and after hearing my background suggested another role which I agreed would be ideal. Shortly after the phone call, she emailed me a job description that just opened up, I confirmed I was interested, and she set me up with my first of four interviews the next day. The interviews consisted of me sharing my portfolio of work, talking about my background, what they were looking for, and why I was interested in the position. Everyone was very easy to talk to, polite, and professional. From first contact with HR about possible opportunities to receiving a formal job offer letter took about a week and half.

As someone who was seeking a new position while still working I appreciated how fast the company was able to get me through the interview process while being able to schedule the interviews around my availability. 5 Stars!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Estée Lauder Companies?   2 Answers

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied on Indeed, received email to interview with Estée Lauder area manager, the following interview would be with the actual dept store manager (in this case Saks) who made the final hiring decision.
    I didn't make it that far; after the initial phone interview I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• What kind of annual revenue did (the store you last worked at) average?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

I was interviewing from a different brand within the company. Process was short and sweet. The person that was interviewing was aware of my capabilities and achievements. There were not a lot of questions asked.

Management Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

It went pretty smooth, I was interviewed by the hiring manager. Nothing really complicated, just gotta be yourself. They look mostly on if you gonna be able to do the job.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

- It consisted of 2 phone interviews + 1 Skype interview.
    - The process was a bit lengthy and with relatively long pauses in between talks.
    - One could feel they are a bit more informal than your average interviewer.
    - I'd say the job description does not always accurately represent what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• They try to get as much as possible about your work experience   Answer Question
    • Also, to describe yourself in a scenario where change had to take place. How did you affect/react/lead change ?   Answer Question

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

applied online. maybe like two weeks later the area manager emailed me and asked could we meet during the week. she changed the location like 3 times and never called me for a phone interview she rescheduled.

Administrative/Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Very inconsistent message between each interviewer. First round recruiter said 20% of this position will be administrative work and second round the hr said 30 of this position will be administrative work and third round the hiring manager said most of this job will be administrative and he questioned my disqualification for that and I feel that he is at the same time questioning his colleagues's approval of my qualifications and I DO have administrative experience. Very glad I did not get this job as this company is not consistent with what they want and need.

QA Microbiology Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Melville, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by six different individuals from different departments. Each took about 30 to 60 minutes. Employees were informative, very helpful and professional. Details for the position were presented to me with much details.

Interview Questions

• What I have accomplished and what are my qualifications and current past responsibilities   Answer Question

Presidential Program Interview

Application

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview with a member of the Global Management Strategies team, he was receptive and the interview was more of a casual phone screening, asking about how I viewed leadership, why I was interested in the position and what I learned from past experiences that I could apply

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Estee Lauder Companies?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Miami, FL).

Interview

Consister of three rounds: HR, Manager and Director. All interviewers were friendly and it felt a lot like a conversation rather than an interview. The HR interviews were about my long/short term goals. The Manager's was more technical based on skills and my ability to do the job. The Director's was mostly behavioral and seeing if I would be the right fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Define gross margin, market share and other marketing terms.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter called to set up an appointment for a phone interview for the Executive Assistant position. On the day of my interview the recruiter didn't call nor apologize for the set time.