Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Estée Lauder Companies

2.7

Global Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I worked with a head hunter, so granted I was already pre-screened, but the interview process was extremely fast and friction free. I only had one interview with the hiring manager and had an offer within 2 weeks. From what I've heard from others, this doesn't seem to be the way that things are typically done.

Interview Questions

• - How does my experience relate to the job I applied for
      - Strengths   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview, Talent Plus assessment , recruiter phone interview, HireVue video interview, Director phone interview, Director in person interview.

The interview process is very thorough for an Executive level position. The process will take at least a month!

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

30 Min Phone Screening with a lot of situational questions. These questions were aimed towards understanding the candidate's background
    30 Min Phone Interview with a lot of practical Supply Chain questions. These questions were aimed towards understanding the candidate's Supply Chain knowledge and previous experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the Coronavirus has affected our business   1 Answer

Packaging Director, Value Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

First set of interviews was on site from 10am-3pm with no time for lunch. Luckily I brought my own water and granola bars and finished one interview early. I assumed wrongly that one of the interviews would be over lunch. Not sure who setup those logistics, but they should be more considerate in the future. Eventhough I was onsite, only 1 interviewer was there (hiring manager). Everyone else was on the phone. Interviews all went well. Next interview was setup with SVP. Was supposed to be on site, but moved to a phone call the day before. Again interview went well. Third interview was a call with someone who couldn't make it when I was on site. It went well. Fourth interview was with the hiring manager again, but over the phone. After all that I was told I didn't have enough experience working on cost savings projects, even though I've been identifying, executing and leading them for almost 20 years. Thoroughly disappointed in the EL process as I spent days interviewing only for them to tell me I didn't have enough experience (even though I clearly did).

Interview Questions

• Provide some cost saving project examples that you identified.   Answer Question

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy, You could only retry your answer once before submitting it. I’d suggest looking up the questions they’ll ask online. If you keep on messing up, just exit the video process & click the link back to the page, the question which you may have messed up will not get recorded.

Interview Questions

• How your personal style correlates to the company itself.   1 Answer
    • How to show a customer how to do a smokey eye.   1 Answer
    • How do you take great customer service & turn it into excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • How do you build relationships w/ co workers & clients?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

They reached out for an interview then canceled on me twice (second time they just didn’t call me) and then reached out again saying the position was filled. Very negative experience.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied directly online, a month later I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone screening, from there I met the team in person. They were all late and because of this, I found myself repeating my answers for a duration of 1.5 hours. It felt like an interrogation!

Interview Questions

• What are your most-used Excel functions? Describe how to do them?   Answer Question
    • Did you visit the store?   1 Answer

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screened with the HR person, and then scheduled my 1:1 interview after 2.5 weeks. They told me that I had great feedback from my first interview and would like to invite me back for a second interview. Another 1.5 weeks later, they said they offered it to someone who was further along the process. Then they said they'd like to recommend you to other positions in the company and when I told them the positions I was interested in, they never answered.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied via a staffing firm online and was contacted within a week. The request to interview was almost immediate due to the urgent need to fill the position. Met with 2 managers who were fairly easy going and explored “how to” scenarios with me from a people and technical perspective. Recruiter called back within 3-4 days with offer.

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. Recruiters came to my school for a presentation. Afterwards, we were able to network and pass our resumes. 3 weeks later, I received an email from one of the recruiters I had met. A week later, I had a 1 hour interview with mainly behavioral questions, and received an offer 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you missed a deadline. What did you do about it?   Answer Question