Esterline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Esterline

2.7

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Esterline (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

Virtual. Unwilling to pay for onsite interview. Very poor leadership doing the interview. Had random people pop in to ask questions. I've worked at the company they were hiring a contract position for. They had zero clue how to conduct an interview which focused on your ability to code. They asked questions more related to an Aviation Engineer versus a software engineer.

Interview Questions

• A broad array of aviation knowledge. No focus on particular application which most software engineers work on in a very complicated system particular to flight management software.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Esterline (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in May 2013.

Interview

Behavior Based interviewing with a panel. Be prepared to discuss past examples instead of speculating how you would do something in the future. Teamwork, managing conflict, and risk mitigation are topics to be prepared for.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Esterline (Sylmar, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Recruiter does a phone screen, followed by an in-person HR interview, then interview with managers at a later date. The person who was leaving the position was included at the managers interview which made salary discussion a little awkward. There was zero follow-up after the final interview. I sent thank you's and followed up with an email to the recruiter, but haven't heard back from anyone, for all I know, I'm still being considered - LOL.

I would think a company as large as this one would have a more polished process. Even if it's an Email template, let candidates know if they are still being considered or not.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic. None of the managers seemed comfortable with the interview process. Found myself volunteering information and leading the questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Esterline (Bellevue, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Individual and group process. They treated me very nice and paid any expenses incurred. They were very professional but, laid back at the same time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Esterline (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Started with phone interview and a group interview. Received an offer and rejected the offer

Low pay

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esterline (Seattle, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview was established through HR, but it was the Head Test Engineer that was the one conducting the interview. A lot of the interview was talking about various projects that I had worked on in the past. It felt much more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite/least favorite class you have taken thus far, and why?   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Esterline (Duluth, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed by three different supervisor and given a soldering test the interview lasted about 3 hours totally.I was given a product to assembly by the work instructions and performed this within the time given. Was given parts to identify and performed that task within time frame also.

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esterline (Sylmar, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR within a month. The scheduled to meet a group and then 1:1 with upper management. The process took about a month after HR contacting me. They emphasize heavy on referrals from your previous employer/s or people who have worked with you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Esterline (Seattle, WA) in August 2007.

Interview

Director conducted a telephone interview as to pre-screen me. I was invited to come to a face to face interview a few days later.

Spoke one on one with the director. Then spoke with a group of people who would become my peers. The next day I was asked to come and meet with people from various other departments.

The next interview began with me speaking with about eight people who were managers and directors and ended with me speaking with two other peers from a division led by the director that I originally had my one on one interview with.

An offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted one week more vacation then the minimum starting alloted vacation. They would not agree to that but offered me and extra week's worth of salary in lieu of the time off.

I ended up getting 20% more than my previous employer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esterline.

Interview

It depends on who interviews you. If it's the Engineering Manager, he would just talk about himself.