Esterline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

Manufacturing Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Post Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esterline (Post Falls, ID).

Interview

Worked my way into the job - interviewers asked me different things about whether I would be willing to learn certain skills and/or handle certain situations. Interviewed with manager first, then other engineers to dig a bit deeper.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work in the position   1 Answer

Customer Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Esterline (Buena Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A very professional organization. The recruiter called me and asked the basic questions and said she would call me within a week or so to set up an interview. And she kept to her
    word. After I interviewed with a panel of about 3 people, I was asked to come back and interview with another panel of 3. I followed up with a thank you email and was told a decision would be made by end of week and I would hear back...and sure enough recruiter stood by her timeline. The panel of interviewers were professional and asked the basic questions: why are you leaving your current job, what can you contribute to this role, what would you do in this or that situation, etc.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esterline (Sylmar, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, they email a questionnaire to answer, phone interview with HR, schedule an appointment, then interview with hiring managers. Interviewed by an inexperienced hiring manager who tries to put you down for less pay and does not know how to negotiate. He calls me a couple of days later, after the interview, to tell me that I worth $15,000 less than what I asked for and people who work for him have at least 10 years of experience. He knew what I'm asking for and saw my years of experience on my resume before interviewing me so the question is why did he still brought me for an interview?? It was a total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• General background and work history.   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esterline (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I went thru a phone interview followed by 2 panel interviews. The Panel Interview had people from engineering and manufacturing and program mgmt in attendance. Very basic. I went thru a phone interview followed by 2 panel interviews. The Panel Interview had people from engineering and manufacturing and program mgmt in attendance. Very basic.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esterline (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person interview. There was no formal documents for the interview. It was more of a conversation, which was good and bad. There was a lack of truth as to why the position was open, which I found out about later.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Esterline (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Meet with platform president, VP of Finance, VP of Operations, VP of Human Resources. The questions asked were fair and intelligent, open dialog and they were all very nice.The process lasted about 5 hours.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esterline (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

there were four interview with different levels of management: President, Vice President of Finance, Human Resources and Vice President of operations. All asked questions related to their disciplines and asked for feedback. The interview was fair and the people were very nice and professional. The interviews lasted 45 minutes each. The interviews were well run and were conversational.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve sales, how does competition differ, why do you want to work for this company, what are salary expectations,   Answer Question

QA Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Esterline (Pomona, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview process went very succesful. i was promoted to the position. i was working on th manufacturing floor and they promoted me to this position. with no question ask,because they new my job status at all times.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esterline (Sylmar, CA).

Interview

The first warning sign, they do not pay for your travel expenses. I got to the interview which was supposed to be with 3 people, but it was only set it up with one person. A couple of days later I was aked to make another trip to interview with the other two people at my expense, in which I said no. As such, my second interview was over the phone. It went well, I was offered the job and accepted it.

After this everything went downhill fast, it is the craziest experience I’ve ever had. They called me some days later and told me the salary, which was $30,000 below what was posted. I told them my current salary, and what my minimum salary requirements were. They told me that they didn’t think the company could meet my requirements but would talk with management and then call me back.

A day or so later I got a call back and was told that they want to recruit highly skilled and experienced people like myself; as such are going to move forward with me at the salary discussed. I asked to speak with someone to find out about their benefits and requested that they send me a written offer as well, neither of which ever occurred. But, they set me up for a background check in which everything came back good.

For some reason they kept dragging the process out and giving me excuses. Then one day I was asked to provide 3 references and proof of income. I thought this was strange and inappropriate since I had already been offered and accepted a position. When I asked why, I was basically told to see if I was truthful on the application. A day or so later they arranged a conf call with me and a person from headquarters. They never explained why all of this strange monkey motion was going on, nor did anyone else at the company step in to put a stop to it.

Back to the phone call, the purpose of it was never clear as such it was no more logical than anything else they had done. It was apparent though that the person from hq was not clear on what I had gone through or what I was told. As such, I took the opportunity to provide a summary of those events. The persons response was that the DATA does not support what I said, WHAT!? They basically said that I was lying and that I was never offered the job.

Then they said that people on the internet manipulate postings, which results in incorrect information within the posting. I guess no one told this person that I they had already told me they were the ones who posted it. On another day, I got a call and learned that they had changed their mind again and would not pay my minimum salary and asked if I would accept a lower salary (even though they said above that I was never offered the job). I told them that after all of the things that gone on, I wanted an offer in writing. They said one would put one together and sent for approval, then forwarded to me.

A week later I got a vm saying that the offer was sent to for signature. It has been several weeks since, and I have not received the offer nor heard from anyone. This is the most unprofessional, deceiving, manipulating encounter I have ever experienced.

Trade Compliance Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Esterline (Brea, CA).

Interview

The people I interviewed with were professional. You have to make sure you complete a visitor form completed and submitted to the company prior to arriving at the location. They have a strong visiting policy. If you have a camera phone they place a little sticker on the phone. The interview was focused on the position. Make sure you get there with enough time to park and walk to front desk and not be late to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying for the position?   1 Answer
    • If I had to say something I would change about my current manager, what would I change?   1 Answer