Estes Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Estes Express

2.0

P&D Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with a recruiter over the phone then she forward my info to the hiring terminal manager, then I had two interviews with him and it went gr8!

Interview Questions

• What is your current position?   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Estes Express (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview is fairly straight forward. We talked about my experience and tools I had. We did not stay on topic very long, it soon became about the managers projects at home and his sons baseball team. I didn't care about either of these but faked interest and got the job.

Interview Questions

• It was a really casual interview and don't remember what questions were asked that actually related to the job.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was quick and easy if you have experience but if you don’t then you’ll work the dock until a class comes up which is 4 times a year and get your CDL that way.

Interview Questions

• Your diving recorded speaks for itself but they ask the general questions.   1 Answer

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estes Express (Dayton, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Met with both the Terminal and Regional Managers. They were very friendly and asked many questions. They were very informative on what Estes could also do for my future. I was able to ask many question regarding the company's stability, locations and possible advancement. I felt very confident in Estes Express and their people... that's why I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been driving tractor/trailers?   1 Answer

Hub Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estes Express (Del Rio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring process took around 30 minutes the Terminal Manager From Corpus Christi interviewed me as the San Antonio Manager was unavailable, Filled out application and was hired same day.

Part Time Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estes Express (Pineville, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of seeking what kind of person you were including job skills, prior relevant work knowledge and communication skills. You're typical background check and drug test was administered immediately after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If you see your one of you co-workers not following safety procedures, how do you handle this situation?   Answer Question

General Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Estes Express (Memphis, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was a very positive experience. They asked my experience and what I wanted from the company seemed very willing to work with me on my hours and what I wanted to cross train in All in all a very positive experience and everyone was very nice

Terminal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Estes Express (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with Office Supervisor. Initially a nice interview. Sounded promising at first. Then met with Terminal Manager. Seemed genuine and sincere. Although I held off on asking him questions about how lateral transfers worked. Because my initial job interview I informed the office supervisor I was over-qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about customer service and duties I performed in another top-of the line freight company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verify everything you discussed with the office supervisor with the Terminal Manager. If I would have taken that simple step, I would have turned down the job as I was over qualified for Appt Clerk. I found out after the current OSD Clerk was promoted to dock Supervisor, that protocol called for more interviews and you could not just change sheets for a non-management job in the same department. First company I ever worked for where you had to inverview for transferring from a non-management job to a non-management job in the same department. Estes decided to hire from the outside and as of the date of this review, that person has also left the company.

Terminal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Ridgeville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Estes Express (North Ridgeville, OH) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied on line and then had a phone screen. After that they called me to schedule an interview with the Terminal Manager. He was very accommodating in scheduling the interview. He was well prepared and had clearly reviewed my resume prior to the interview. He explained the job in detail and we chatted about how my experiences could translate into this environment. Very pleasant and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Now that you know what would be involved, do you think you would be able to handle the necessary tasks?   Answer Question

Interview

ok

Interview Questions

Not a good company to far behind everyone eles