Esurance Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esurance Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Esurance

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Applied for position in San Francisco, CA. Phone interview with Hiring Manager. Asked about my experience and why I wanted to be an actuary. Process took about 3 weeks with a self-paced virtual interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Esurance

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, the first one is just generic interview questions like greatest strengths and what makes you unique, the second is more intense and analytic, then an in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I received a call from someone the day prior to the phone interview asking if they could call me the following day for an interview. The following day they called at the specified time and the interview was one of the worst I had. It wasn't too bad on my part, there was no conversation involved in the interview. The lady would ask a question and then would not respond to my answers. Three seconds of silence was the unannounced decision that I was done answering the question
    They asked some standard questions about excel and metrics. But she was looking for specific answers, so she would just keep twisting questions until I either answered correctly or was hopelessly lost. She asked a complicated math problem and requested I solve it on the phone with her taking her through step by step. Halfway through she interrupted and said I was doing it wrong and we were out of time. By the end of the call i was extremely frustrated at the interviewer and was quite annoyed. I wouldn't have taken the job if they had offered it.

Interview Questions

• you have a 9x9x9 sided cube made up of 1 squaree inch squares. If all sides are painted how many cubes have no paint on any side?   6 Answers

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance in August 2013.

Interview

I was called and emailed by an HR to have a phone screen on the next day. The interview is not to hard, just some basic behavior question. After around 4 hours, I was called by HR to schedule for the interview with one hiring manager. It's not too hard.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiters are very friendly. More like casual conversation.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

got 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview.
    they will explain to you the logistic of the internship program, the salary level, working hours, etc
    they will ask you basic informations on your CV, like what project have you done, how do you like it...
    and they are very happy to answer your questions

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with incomplete daata   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It is really nice to talk with the HR and the current analyst. We even have a talk together for about 10 minutes, and he just asked one critical question, why do you want to be an actuary?

Interview Questions

• What degree is the clock at 2.15?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was with a HR representative, HR was really nice and explained the position in more detail. A few days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, nothing out of the ordinary, questions were more related to my past actuarial experience. Three weeks later I was invited to a skype interview with two team members (I lived in the east coast at that time). Questions were pretty straightforward and all pertained to my specific experience, but more in depth. Finally two weeks later I had an onsite interview in San Francisco (travel expense paid for) with 4 members. I didn't hear back from them until after 3 weeks (I did follow up multiple times in between). HR was very helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lower Allen, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Esurance (Lower Allen, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I received an email from a recruiter who set up some time to talk with me later that week. I was blindsided when he called me and said he wasn't sure if they still had an opening or not because of some miscommunication between actuarial managers. He said he would let me know the next week for sure if they had an opening and if I'd still be considered for the job. Even after I followed up via email the next week, he never got back to me. I understand that sometimes unexpected things happen, but this was unprecedented and I find it rude that he never even responded to my email. I would NOT want to work for Esurance based on this experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through actuary career fair at college. The process took over 2 months. First round interview is two phone interviews, which consists of mostly behavioral questions. Second round is in-office interview where I talked to 3 people asking behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain "correlation" to a person with no statistics background?   Answer Question