Esurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Esurance Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at Esurance

2.7

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then went to a in person interview with 2 managers. Received a call to meet and interview with the unit manager. HR was very prompt on calling back the same day or next for the next round of interviews

Interview Questions

Esurance Response

Apr 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience with us and we're glad it went well and that you're now a part of the Esurance family.

Other Interview Reviews for Esurance

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Esurance in August 2016.

Interview

Structured interview. Behavorial based questions. How did you deal with a difficult customer? How did you deal with a difficult peer? How do you handle multiple responsibilities? Why esurance? Why are you leaving your current employer? What is the most challenging thing sbout your current position? Tell us about yourself? What would your current employer say about you?

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance in February 2017.

Interview

phone screen then face to face interview. After that, a second interview and background check along with a drug test. Soon after, the offer came through. I believe it would be a good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Esurance (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then an in person panel interview. After that I was offered the job. Phone interview was basic questions about myself and the job. The panel interview was more in depth but still only about 25 minutes.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance.

Interview

Online application. I heard my team members had a script to see how they sound on the phone. I somehow skipped it. I was close to a hiring date, interviewed with two managers. After, I spoke to our lead manager who was very honest and open. She has been a rockstar through all of my time. Somewhere between all this, I was able to shadow with a co-worker to see the experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle escalation calls? What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Esurance (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I started my application process by attending a job fair for Esurance. The interviews there were relatively brief, but they field a large number of applicants so it was to be expected. I had never attended a job fair before, but my impression of theirs was a good one. The process was smooth and with short delays. The interviewing staff were friendly and pleasant (a recurring theme throughout my hiring process).

After the job fair, Esurance followed up with an in person interview with two managers, about 30 minutes of job shadow time to get a feel for the job, and a few aptitude tests.

I was then made an offer over the phone a short time after that second round of interviews. Overall I had a very pleasant hiring experience and thus far am extremely pleased with how well my new employer treats their staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you resolved a problem with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Aug 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience that led you to becoming part of our Esurance team of claims professionals in Greenville. We're glad to have you.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Mesa, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

The process began with an initial pre recorded phone interview. It was followed up by an interview with a recruiter and the last was an in person interview with several people onsite.

Interview Questions

• Review this sample insurnace declaration document and customer issue and answer a mock call from the customer.   Answer Question

Aug 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your application process with Esurance. We're very pleased that you choose to accept the offer and become a part of our team of claims professionals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Greenville, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. I applied online and about a week later, I got an e-mail requesting to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview about a week after the first e-mail. After the first phone interview or "phone screening", I was scheduled another phone interview with a branch manager about 3 days later. Immediately, after I completed my phone interview, I was contacted by another HR Rep who scheduled me an in office, face-to-face interview with 3 additional people in the department. The interview lasted about an hour, with an additional 30-40 minutes of listening in on phone calls. The interview was quite intense, many questions about your résumé, education, job history, describing each job, reasons for leaving, etc. Many questions were asked and answered regarding what would be expected of an employee and about the company. It seemed like a pretty positive experience and I was immediately sent to Background Screening, however, a week and a few days later, I haven't received a phone call, or an e-mail regarding my status, so I'm starting to worry.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current employer? What don't you like? What are your shortcomings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Esurance (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with a total of 3 people. Begins with a series of tests to include having to answer a phone and break bad news to a client related to their attempt at filing a claim for a broken refrigerator. After this www completed , the panel came into the room and the formal interview process began.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter called me about a week later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled an in person interview. I met with two of the managers at that office and had a typical interview ... Behavioral questions, tell us a time when... And asking about experience. It was pretty comfortable and laid back. After the interview the recruiter called me and said I was there top candidate and they wanted to get my background check going. This background check was insane... It's great they want to know and confirm they hire the right candidate... But it was super over kill. First off, they outsource it to another company and if any of the info is incorrect the company contacts Esurance, then Esurance contacts you for an explanation. Seemed like an unnecessary middle man. It was super thorough, for example I had a date off by a month from a job I had 10 years ago in high school and they asked me to give an explanation of why there was a discrepancy in dates... It was almost hard to come up with an explanation other than.. Because that was when I was a host at a pizza place when I was 16 and it's pretty insignificant.

This background check took almost two weeks, then they called to schedule another phone interview with the branch manager. The next day they made me an offer.

Honestly I'm pretty bummed the background check took so long because in that few weeks I received another job offer. I stalled as long as possible in hopes that I would get the offer from Esurance since they were my first choice... But I ended up accepting the other job offer before Esurance called me. I'm a person of my word so I would've felt too wrong bailing on my commitment with the other company.

If I had any advice to give to Esurance, maybe set up a way where you can offer a job on a contingent basis before the super long background check. Then if they pass, you already know they've accepted and if they don't pass... That was part of the contingent contract. Just a thought. When someone is actively job hunting and interviewing, most times they will go with the company that was able to be decisive in a timely manner.

But everyone was really friendly and nice. Other than the background check,it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

I was offered another similar position with another company first. The background check with Esurance took 2 weeks, so they lost me in that interim to another company.