Esurance Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.6

Principal Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied using company web site. Next day, I got a call from recruiter and few days after was invited for onsite interview. Recruiter is very nice and very professional. All calls/emails and responses were in timely matter. Onsite interview takes all day, lunch was provided. Interviewers were very friendly and well prepared. Interview turned into very interesting discussions, where we were talking about common challenges and how to solve them

Interview Questions

• Come up with a set of test cases to test server side functionalities based on drawn diagram on white board   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had 2 phone screens with tech lead and an engineer. Interview covered react and redux basics. Questioned them about their dubious glass door reviews. Their answer: sales and engineering are on completely separate teams. Glass door reflects reviews of working environment from other parts of the company.

Interview Questions

• you have 9 coins 1 of which is fake. The fake coin doesn't weigh the same as the others. Using a basic scale (like a seesaw scale) find the fake coin in as few steps as possible   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was with a HR representative, HR was really nice and explained the position in more detail. A few days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, nothing out of the ordinary, questions were more related to my past actuarial experience. Three weeks later I was invited to a skype interview with two team members (I lived in the east coast at that time). Questions were pretty straightforward and all pertained to my specific experience, but more in depth. Finally two weeks later I had an onsite interview in San Francisco (travel expense paid for) with 4 members. I didn't hear back from them until after 3 weeks (I did follow up multiple times in between). HR was very helpful.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within 2 days received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted on several 5 Star questions concerning how to deal with difficult staff and what your weaknesses are as a manager. Then asked straight out what salary you want, not a range but an actual amount. The interview took about 25 minutes. Never once discussed the job responsiblities.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult staff? How do you critique designers work?   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter got back with me within a week. However, she said they weren't moving forward with the role I applied for, but she was interested in my experience for another role. That role was not at all related to my experience, but we spoke on the phone anyway. Her second question was about my salary requirements. My range was well above her budget for the new role but she said she's talk to her manager and get back with me. She called me 4 days later to let me know I was over her budget. No surprise there.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called to talk about the position, good discussion for 30 mins. Promised to speak to hiring manager and schedule a follow up interview. Interview process with HR is little intense than usual with questions about the experience background than usual. Was impressed to see the level of engagement and background. No communication after she promised to get back.

Interview Questions

• Current role, my interests in relocating, why esurance etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager - Web Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds

Round 1:

I got call from recruiter and he discussed few things with me to check I am compatible with this position or not.

Round 2:

Telephonic interview, which was very nice. After couple of days they asked me to fly for face to face round to their San Fransico's office and they provided flight tickets and hotel accommodation.

Round 3:

They scheduled five different interviews with different level of people..All of them went very nice apart from one which was taken by Indian project manager and I see some negativity in that person.

Good thing about them is they provided update on each and every steps.

Interview Questions

• 1) Basic technology related questions
      2) Puzzels
      3) Leadership style
      4) Motivating team
      5) Problem solving skils
      Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It is really nice to talk with the HR and the current analyst. We even have a talk together for about 10 minutes, and he just asked one critical question, why do you want to be an actuary?

Interview Questions

• What degree is the clock at 2.15?   2 Answers

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter first, followed by an online analytic quiz (very easy). Then two more phone interviews with the hiring manager and a team member before an on-site interview. During the onsite one, I was arranged to meet seven people after a SQL/Excel/Stats test. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are asked to do something that not on your job description?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: This was technical and entirely based on SQL. I think the interview went well. At the end of it the interviewer said he would send me a list of problems for which I need to build the queries within 20 minutes. I sent the response within 10 minutes but never heard from them.
    Unprofessional to not inform me or update me of their decision!

Interview Questions

• Difference between Rank and DenseRank   1 Answer