Etas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Etas Interview Questions

Mulitple Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Etas (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIN for a position by a company recruiter. I was moved to an internal recruiter who coordinated the process. My first direct interview was with the technical director for the position I was asked to apply for on LinkedIN. An onsite face to face interview was set up where I expected to meet about the position we had discussed on the phone. I met with the technical director, BD director and a sales lead. The interview changed from a technical to a sales interview and we spent ~2 hours in discussion of sales related things. Following the interview, I was told to apply for a sales posting that would be listed on the website. A week after that I was contacted again about coming in to interview for the sales job. This round I met with the person in charge of North America who asked a number of sales focused questions. I was moved to the HR lady who told me about the company, benefits/etc. From there I met an intern and one of the engineers who asked a number of technical questions. I had prepared for a sales interview based upon the 2nd job description I was told to apply to and the questions were based on technical product and integration. About two weeks later I got a rejection notice and was told my technical skills had gaps. At this point I was almost relieved as I had the impression the place operates in a rather disjointed style and while it's a small office, of the 9 different people I spoke with I concluded I had 11 different discussions about 3 different jobs and every time I went in to a meeting expecting a meeting about one thing, the people I met with had a different agenda.
    It's akin to a homeowner looking hire someone to do plumbing on their home and when they show up, the homeowner wants the electrical work done. The plumber is going to have everything they need to do a plumbing job... not electrical work.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a private PKI, 2. How do you find customers 3. Describe an API in to a data base for doing large bulk data encryption 4. Describe a C++ command for doing a program compile
      5. Explain the elements of a digital certificate
      6. Do you have an OEM experience (obviously they didn't read the resume before the meeting)
      7. How much travel are you open to? Are you open to travel to South Korea and international customers
      8. What do you tell a customer that calls at the last minute with an unrealistic expectation
      9. Describe our crypto libraries (I was told this product was a low priority by a mgr)
      10. Describe the difference between synchronous and a-synchronos algorithms   Answer Question

Embedded Software Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Etas (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. The consulting company contacted me about the job description, I was interested, I got an offer and an interview date and everything went well.
    I'm not unsatisfied by not getting the offer, but I was extremely offended by their feedback below:

-I didn't show or express interest about the position ( I clearly did and I drove 45 min to and back from the location to be present for the interview.
    -My interview wasn't suitable for the inter (I remember I dressed up with a nice black shoes, blue pants and a blue shirt and my dress winter coat and the interviewers actually we're not any professionally dressed and one of them was wearing jeans). I don't see this kinda feedback any professionally sent, I think these kinda comment should be kept for the interview member not broadcasted for any candidate relations.

So really bad experience

Interview Questions

• Career walkthrough
      Any particular experience with customer communication.
      Situation and reaction kinda questions.
      Interest about the position.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Walk through resume and then few programming questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Etas.

Interview

Got selected via sending CV and got called for interview after about a week. Since I came from an electronics background, I didn't have much programming experience, but the questions were pretty straightforward, such as: what the different between C and Java, why pick one over the other? Whats OOP and have you done/explain any projects involving OOP. The key is just show your passion for programming and software.