Ethan Allen Interior Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ethan Allen Interior Designer Interview Questions

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ethan Allen.

Interview

The first step is to meet with the store manager. The next step is either to meet with a district manager and/or to do a design exercise where you are given one of three different "clients" and told their lifestyle and their sense of style. You use their own proprietary software to layout the room and their products to design the room. You present your designs to the store manager and the district manager as the final step. The design exercise is the final step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ethan Allen

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ethan Allen.

Interview

They were very accomodating with my schedule, friendly and helpful. I was told to come again for the day to do a mock up design plan. I finished that in 2-3 hrs.

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ethan Allen.

Interview

Initial interview, return to complete a design exercise and speak with the District Manager, if available. A phone interview may be completed with the District otherwise. You then wait until a call is scheduled with the CEO of the company for final approval. The entire process can take up to 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a difficult client and how you were able to turn things around and close the sale.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is commission based, so negotiation is not necessary.

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ethan Allen.

Interview

Involved one phone interview w/district manager. If approved, then a formal interview follows w/store manager. Upon his/her approval, you are asked to present a design board w/manager and all other design staff present for critiquing, before final decision is made. The entire process was fairly quick, management was very nice.

Interview Questions

• It is company policy to work Saturday & Sunday, w/one possible wk end day off per month, do you foresee that as being a problem?   Answer Question

The base pay was low, and the structure of commission seemed to set up an uncomfortable and highly competitive environment.

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Centerville, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Friendly and personal asking how I learned about the store and why I wanted to work for the company. Where did I get my inspiration. The interview was based on whether they likes me versus my knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions

• Experience I had and how long I had worked as a designer. What was my style when helping...did I listen and lead or lead them listen.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

A very long and drawn out process. "Design" test is required...All that is required is to over come abjections and "close" the sale. They don't really care about the "design"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

You will meet with the design center manager and will be asked a series of questions. The next step in the process is doing a design test and presenting it to a group of three people. The design test takes about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Define success in Design and explain how you are going to achieve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating they tell you a base draw and you can take it or leave it.

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ethan Allen in December 2012.

Interview

- Apply on-line.
    - Receive call from Manager to set up interview.
    - Interview with Project Manager and Design Center Manager.
    - Return for Design Test (Approximately 3-4 hours)
    - Interview with Regional Director.
    - Fill out application and take drug test.
    - Your credentials will be presented to the C.E.O.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.