Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions

3.1

Intuitive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Pensacola Beach, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with the manager at a hotel in Pensacola. FL. The interview went very well and I have been invited back as one of the final two candidates

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the future of medical sales?   1 Answer

R&D Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Two people interviewed me for about an hour. They were very nice, but it was intimidating. You need to prepare very well in advance by thinking of certain situations and how previous work experience can apply to engineering. They did not notify the people that did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked behavioral questions. What is your idea of a leader, what leadership qualities do you possess and do you know of anyone that has these qualities. Describe a time when you had to make an ethical decision and how you described it. Two questions about a time when you had to make a decision and your thought process behind it. Be prepared to ask them questions as well.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Somerville, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Following two phone screens, was invited to Somerville for in-person interview. It was a panel interview in th STAR format. Very difficult to get a real feel for how your message resonates with the panel as the panel was formally polite. The process was very scripted and did not allow for exploration or deeper dives on any given topic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Global Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line, then phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager

R & D Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

most of behavioral questions. This is my first interview ever, so I was kinda of not knowing what is expected. At a few questions, I might talked too much on one topic, so 30 min interview ran out really quickly. The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying. I think trying to keep your answer concise and quick.

Interview Questions

• The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying   Answer Question

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Was given a one hour tour of the facility then sat down for a 2:1 interview about general personality type questions for half an hour, followed by another half hour 1:1 interview on technical skills. Asked to diagnose what could be causing their stapling tool to misfire at an angle.

Product Director (Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

My initial screening interview with HR was quite casual and easy. The recruiter simply asked me to review my background. No behavioral questions. Next, I had an on-site panel interview with 5 people in either marketing or R&D. They asked some behavioral questions, but the questions were somewhat conventional and lacked the depth I would have expected from JnJ. Also, the group dynamics were flat - they seemed disinterested from the onset of the interview. It almost seemed as if they had already made up their mind before I began talking. One person specifically focused his questions on how I would work in a flat organization (he implied some concern with my current level being too senior). Another person asked for a behavioral example and the group director seemed to be assessing how I work with others.

Interview Questions

• Describe a type of personality you find very difficult.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would go about building a market forecast without any data.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Newry, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was competency based with 2 employees

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have displayed a sense of intellectual curiosity   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

My overall impression with everyone I encountered was that they truly cared about whether or not the position was a good fit for both me and the company. I was given extremely positive feedback and my last in-person interview with the hiring manager ended with an invitation to ride-along with a current rep. I didn't receive a call back after that point and then a week later the recruiter emailed and said they went with someone else. JnJ has contacted me 4 times since about other positions and I've had a similar experience every time...

R&D Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Just completed the 3 of 3 phone interviews. The first was a phone screen which verified that I was the person I said I was. The 2nd was a general background interview with standard interview questions regarding project leadershiop, design examples, and problem solving. Something of a focus on working relationships and examples of problem solving.
    The 3rd interview was more leadership questions but with an engineering slant to them.