Etsy Software Tools Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer - Seller Tools Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Etsy (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I originally sent my resume to Etsy and was replied to by one of their recruiters. I responded to her questions promptly, but she took days to respond to mine. It took a couple of weeks just to get the details of the initial phone interview down. After the phone interview, Etsy told me that they'd like to fly me in for an on-site interview. I agreed and (several days later) I was given the instructions of how I should purchase my plane ticket and how to get reimbursed. Are you kidding me? I have never been asked by any company to front the travel expenses. After telling Etsy I was no longer interested, I was contacted several days later by my would-be supervisor who apologized. I agreed to come to the on-site interview provided Etsy front travel expenses directly.

The onsite interview was somewhat better. It consisted of about 7 different interviews back-to-back, including a more casual interview over lunch. Each interviewer tested different areas of my expertise, like algorithms, data structures, syntactical correctness, and high level design. At the end of the day, I thanked the interviewers and spent the night enjoying Brooklyn. I was contacted a couple days later and told that I would not be receiving an offer. All followups about the decision were promptly ignored by Etsy staff.