Ettain Group Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

Over a series of four to seven interviews usually. One over the phone with a recruiter and in person or via Skype. Then with two hiring managers. Then the hiring managers pick someone on their team to interview you as well.

Interview Questions

• Getting to know you better. What are your leadership roles and how where they affective? What's one difficult problem that you had to solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The standard salary will be 30 k

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview and I thought it went well, went in to the office and met with the general manager. Then went back in and met with four different people. After going in to the office I thought it was the place for me but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were challenged in the workplace before, and how did you react?   Answer Question

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and same day I asked to set up a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was very easy. It was based around just general questions trying to get to know you and your background. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Afterwards I completed an assessment that was very long!!! Then I went in for in person interview with two general managers. The interview was okay but they made me feel as though I was wrong for saying I'm looking for growth and career advancement because they clearly offer that in the job description! I sense some discrimination within the company because there was no diversity at all and I felt like that was a reason not to hire me even though I was more than qualified. They are looking to recruit people who look like them basically.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was referred by a friend to a corporate recruiter at ettain group. The very next day, I got a call from the same corporate recruiter asking me to set up a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was very casual and was more or less getting a feel for my personality and work experience. It lasted about 30 minutes or so. At the end of the interview the recruiter told me she would like to bring me on-site for an interview with a few general managers. I went in for my on-site interview the following week and met with three different managers at the same time. This also lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of the interview I was asked to come back in the next day for a job shadow. I came in when the office opened at 8 a.m. and shadowed one of the technical recruiters for about 45 minutes in the office I was ultimately aligned with. Before I left, I sat down with the GM of that office to discuss the logistics of my accepting an offer. The next day, I had an offer letter via email. The timing was great because I was able to give my current employer at the time a month's notice before leaving. The corporate recruiter even sent me a congratulatory card about two weeks before my start date. It was quick, painless, and even a little bit fun.

Entry-level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via phone for a very short phone interview. I was brought in a few days later for a one-on-one with the same recruiter. Basic interview questions, "What is your strengths, weaknesses, a time you failed, a time you succeeded under insurmountable pressures," etc. I was brought in for a face-to-face with the higher ups. Everything felt great, I got wonderful feedback and was told they would let me know by the end of that week. Two weeks later I was called, after several emails and voicemails, and told they were going in another direction and they would keep in mind for a different 'team.' It was disheartening due to how well the interviews went. Im still unsure of my misstep because she couldn't give me any additional feedback.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter. 15 minute phone interview and then in person interview with the same internal recruiter. I then met with 3 managers a few days later where each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Random questions were asked, not typical interview questions. They show you "the pit" where you will be working.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

25 minute phone call asking about me, my interests, and strengths. The recruiter was very easy to talk to and the conversation was casual. After, I was told they were interested in moving to the next step, and I was asked to take an hour long assessment online.

Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within two days I was contacted by a corporate recruiter from ettain. It was similar to a pre-screening interview. She asked your typical interview questions nothing too crazy. Following this interview she informed me that the company would like me to complete an online assessment/personality test. The test consisted of word analogies, basic math questions and personality questions. I'm assuming they do this to weed out applicants. Two days later I was contacted by the corporate recruiter again and asked to partake in a telephone interview with the hiring manager for the specific office I was applying to. A week later I spoke with the hiring manager via a telephone call. The interview was again pretty basic. They asked me why ettain group specifically? Why this location? They also asked what i knew about the recruiting industry and ettain group. At the end of the interview I was extended offer to come to the actual office and meet with the staff to do an in-person interview. I was also informed that I would be completing a job shadow. Once again it was your basic interview process. I met with the hiring manager then completed two rounds of interviews. Both rounds consisted of me meeting with individuals who had been with the company for a significant amount of time. Following those interviews I met with other technical recruiters to get a feel for the job and ask questions. At the end I met with the hiring manager and I was informed that I would receive an answer in the next two days. About three to four days later I received by offer via telephone and accepted within the same day. Easy and painless process. I am happy with my current employment with ettain.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Most of their candidates come from an employee referral. After I was referred by a friend, their corporate recruiter calls for a phone conversation consisting of a few generic interview questions but is mostly just an introduction to their company and the position. A first interview is set up at a location the company might need a position filled (headquartered in Charlotte but offices all over the Southeast). The first interview is your standard first interview questions and resume-based questions. The second interview is similar although they tell you a little more about the position and typical day in that role. The interviewer will stress the challenges of the job and you need to be prepared to describe how you can overcome them. If they still like you, they will call you back to present on a topic they provide. This usually involves reaching out to someone in a field related to your topic. The presentation takes place with four employees and any other candidates they might be interviewing in the room. Overall, it is not a difficult nor threatening environment at any point in the interview process. After this stage, I was not asked to come back but I believe that was the final stage in the interview.

The work culture is outstanding; young, work-hard play-hard mentality, want their employees to succeed.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will handle the frustration of not placing someone in a job for the first few months you are working?   Answer Question

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ettain Group (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called by a corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great. I was told that the interviewer was going to begin the next step by meeting with the manager and setting up face to face interviews. Her exact words were "i meet with the manager every week and you will definitely be apart of that conversation. I will call you to step up the next step". No call, but an email 1 week later saying I did not meet the qualifications. Very hard to understand as I am a recent graduate (3 months ago) and a supervisor at the biggest hotel in Charlotte. The position, entry level with no experience required. I wonder what "requirements" I did not meet.