EuroConsult M&A Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at EuroConsult

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

M&A Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EuroConsult (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied via my college career center site. They were looking for a winter intern for their international M&A team in New York. I was contacted by the admin and asked to pick a time and date for the phone interview with one of the associates. I sent the dates and time slots and didn't hear back from the admin - so I had to call her and was lucky to catch her right before she left. She mumbled that she was going to call me, except she was busy that day and she forgot.. I have a feeling that if I didn't call her back, she would have never scheduled me (that's just my impression of how unprofessional they were).

When the associate called, he was very focused on the technical aspects (DCF, how to value a company, wacc, EBITDA..). He had a very thick accent and I had to ask several times for him to repeat his question (which I think ticked him off). He didn't seem to care what answer I gave since he asked the same question regarding EBITDA three times. He seemed very turned off when I couldn't list all the recent mergers the company had participated in.

I was told that I would get a call the following week regarding whether or not I will proceed to the next step from the admin. And as I had expected, I never got any sort of notice from them.

Interview Questions