Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, month later did a phone interview for about a six minute, going to a panel interview next week...will let you know how it goes how the process goes!!

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest qualities to work here   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in March 2017.

Interview

I was set for a phone interview through email but the recruiter called and set the interview in 10 minutes!. When he called, I was driving and he said he will called me back within 10 minutes. I waited for an hour before trying to call him back and emailed him. When he picked up, the interview went on for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories.

Interview

Interview was like speed dating, got 10 min with 5 different people. Surprisingly pleasant, got to meet most of the Group leaders in the department and out of the 5 of us that were at the interview they hired 3 of us for the department.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

The interviewing team was extremely professional using pointed questions geared towards the responsibilities of the position, while keeping the sessions personable. Interviews were scheduled with 3 team members, each making a great impression about the company and the working environment, where discussions were had about past experiences, anticipated contributions, and a review of skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe how an employee failed despite your best efforts. How did you handle the situation? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Senior Scientific Data Review Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories (Lancaster, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was very short, 1 face to face interview with 1 recruiter and two technical personnel. They were very much trying to get someone for as cheap as possible. I did not realize until after I got there that I was incredibly over qualified for the position yet they never mentioned this to me throughout any of the pre-interview process. I suggest asking many many questions when the recruiter first calls you to make sure the vague job descriptions posted online are what you think they are.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a difficult situation that you wish you had handled differently in retrospect.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted 4 or 5 days later to set up an interview. The interview went well, although I did notice a couple red flags early on: The individual who called me to set up the interview couldn't even tell me which of the positions I was interviewing for (I applied for two), and when I asked about when I'd hear back, they told me they'd reach a decision in a bit over a week.

No matter how good the interview went, I expect that at this stage, I'd hear back regardless. I think it is completely unacceptable for a company to leave interviewees 'hanging' without a response. But I digress.

The interview must have gone well because the following day, a different person from the company called me asking to speak with me for a few minutes. They asked me a series of ridiculous questions before cutting to the chase: what are my salary expectations? (I almost laughed when they dropped the question, as it was extremely obvious thats the only thing they cared about. The other questions were things like "What are your favorite lab techniques?" and "What is your ideal day at work like?" - questions I had already answered the day prior!

I never heard back from them again after naming my salary. The salary I gave was 10% lower than national average for the position or my degree. Despite having 5 years of experience, I was willing to take the cut to secure the position and location. Having seen the salaries on this page, I now realize that the scraps they are willing to pay are on a whole different league than reality. So to cut to the chase, here's my advice:

1. I will never interview with Eurofins again. They clearly don't have themselves together.
    2. The pay is borderline indentured servitude considering student debts acquiring the degrees required for these positions, and the location is in one of the most expensive zip codes in the US.
    3. I am offended that they didn't even have the respect to let me know I wasn't selected for the position.

I would only interview if you needed practice. I'm sorry you didn't read this before applying, and I hope I didn't ruin your hopes at securing a good job. I felt let down after reading this page and seeing that the job I had applied for was simply not a career.

Interview Questions

• Mostly focused on my resume, and conceptual questions about biotech unit operations.   Answer Question

Biologist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories.

Interview

Interview was fairly short, questions regarding mostly character and job experiences in the past, no mention of academic work but more proffessionalism and examples where you overcame obstacles or solved problems, nothing really job specific, elaborating on resume for the most part, very relaxed, and quick turn around with an offer

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of adversity you have faced in the workplace   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on the company website and I was contacted 6 days later by email to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about thirty minutes. The interviewer was direct but courteous and described the hiring process in detail.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories (Lancaster, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Multi-step process beginning with screening by a recruiter over the phone. Next a formal paper application was forwarded by the HR department. A formal interview was scheduled with first the senior recruiter whom was great and asked basic questions such as why I thought I was a good fit for the company. Next was a 3 part interview by each of the 3 managers. One was technical in nature, the other two asked more about my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weaknesses?
      Name and describe a technical problem you had and how did you overcome that problem.
      Tell us about your favorite/worse place to work.
      Tell us about your best/worst relationship with a manager.
      Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Interview

I applied this position through Eurofins Lancaster website. They said that if my skills are matching with their qualification, they'll call me in two weeks. Unfortunately, after a month, I never heard it back from this company. I wish the company would have understand that right now I am still searching and applying for jobs.