Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Project Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Project Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

Lancaster Laboratories works as an on-site contractor/vendor company for pharmaceutical manufacturing in my area. Due to the job requirements description, I was fairly sure that the pharma company in question was one where I had previously been employed. I applied online, and received a phone interview a few weeks later. The HR representative confirmed that it was my previous employer.
I was given a panel interview (short notice of 1 day), and included the site supervisor, the area director, an individual with the same position as the one I was applying to, and the customer pharma company representative. The intereview went extremely well, and I got very positive vibes throughout. However, the area director, charged with interview conducting, finalizing paperwork, and collecting my signature for background check, etc., was late getting into the interview and seemed very distracted and hurried. My interview lasted a little over 1 hour, and I knew they had others to interview that day.
From the requirements, interview, and my previous experience, I knew I was a very solid fit for this position. I had even prepared and handed in at the interview a presentation profile paper of my skills and experience as related to the position. I followed up with immediate email as well as handwritten thank you notes to all.
A week went by. I called HR (as directed) for any news - no reply. I repeated this process 3 times with NO RESPONSE. Finally, over 1 month later, I managed to get the HR rep to call me back. She said that unfortunately, the position had been filled by an internal candidate. I was relieved to at least learn that it was not because I did not qualify or had a typo in my resume, etc.

I am, however, very confused as to why they went through all of the trouble of setting up multiple interviews, using valuable employee time for interviewing, and wasted my time while getting my hopes up, when they had potential internal candidates THE ENTIRE TIME.

I am still applying for applicable positions, as I do believe in their process and the career future. But I would caution all to beware of 1) being interviewed for no apparent reason, and 2) the need to hound HR for follow-up feedback.

Interview Questions