Eurofins Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Upstream Vaccine Development Scientist Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Blue Bell, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever, the person that was supposed to interview me had called out on the interview day, so someone else had to take over. This other person couldn't answer any of my questions regarding the position. Anyways, I was invited back for a second interview and was told that i would hear back in 1 week. One month later, still waiting for the decision, called the person again to ask for an update, was told the position had been filled a while ago. Shame on them for not taking 2 miserable minutes to write an email and inform people that they didn't make the cut.

Genetic Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific in February 2016.

Interview

First got a call from a Lancaster eurofins recruiter for more information about me and my qualifications. Got a second interview and had three interviewers. One with the directors, one with genetic counselors and lastly with current genetic assistants. Overall great experience and good conversation with back and forth questions about the job details and my tasks. Whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation yet.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Oceanside, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interviewed to go over my skills and background, and 2 weeks later on-site interview was done to go over my previous job experience and situational questions. Interview was done with group leader and manager first, and 2nd half of interview was done by subject matter expert of the skill that they are particularly interested in.

Interview Questions

• When you encountered unexpected result, what have you done at the scene and what have you done to prevent it from happening again?   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was short, about 20-30 minutes long. My interviewer asked very straightforward questions. I only met with one person. There was a tour of the facilities afterwords. I had to fill out a lot of paperwork prior to the interview though, paperwork that usually isn't filled out until after you're hired. They got back to me in a little over a week.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Garden Grove, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Hires through an agency and the interview was more personal. Asked briefly about the instruments you have had experience during your education and about the flexibility for working overtimes. The interview process was short and simple and they offered a tour around the lab.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal within five years?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Newark, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Friendly.Thorough, I believe Eurofins to be an excellent company,. I really to work there. It was my first interview ever so I'm not sure if I did well and didn't know what to expect.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Telephone, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview. Friendly process. Received call then set up timer interview. It was an opportunity to learn more about the specific position. There was a good interchange of questions. Interviewer gave instant feedback and advice for investigating other positions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about career history, interest.   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Lancaster, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by on-site interview which consisted of 3 separate interviews and tours (3 hours). After I accepted the offer there was a drug screen, medical evaluation/physical exam and forms for FDA clearance and background check.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing I have done in the past that I regretted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mebane, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Mebane, NC).

Interview

Formal interview following initial email and phone correspondence. Standard interview process from my experience and not intimidating. Tour of facility after the interview including a quick meeting with potential colleagues.

Bacteriology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Longmont, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted 4 months after applying via email from the President of the STA labs in Longmont, CO (on a Mon or Tue). They had been in transition after moving their seed health testing solely to Colorado. Scheduled an interview for Friday. Interview was mainly me talking about my experience (5 years working lab experience) and meeting the other lab employees and touring the facility. No behavioral interview questions. Mostly why was I interested in working there. They stated they wanted to hire me at the end of the interview. Their recruiters sent me a bunch of paperwork including the application again, plus forms for background check and disability disclosure before they even made an offer which was irritating. Got a call from the recruiter on the following Monday with the offer. It was extremely low and was frankly insulting considering my experience level. They should be hiring recent grads with no professional lab experience at the rate they offered. The recruiter said he'd get back to me after I told him what I made currently and couldn't afford to take a pay cut. He never contacted me again- company felt unprofessional overall.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience managing employees in your current role?   Answer Question

The offer was extremely low for my experience level. It was clear that they don't want to pay for experience. They should be hiring recent grads for this role not someone with 5 years of professional lab experience.