Eurofins Scientific Lab Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eurofins Scientific Lab Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Garden Grove, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Hires through an agency and the interview was more personal. Asked briefly about the instruments you have had experience during your education and about the flexibility for working overtimes. The interview process was short and simple and they offered a tour around the lab.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal within five years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Eurofins Scientific

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Des Moines, IA) in March 2013.

Interview

Everything was very nonprofessional and nonchalant. It felt as though they were just going through the motions. The vibe they gave off was as if the interviewees were wasting their time.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard. They just asked about lab experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was through a head hunting company so there were no negotiations. I later found out while working there that they prefer to use head hunting companies so they can low ball offers with no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (Des Moines, IA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through recruiter (this is very typical for this position, unless someone gets an internal referral). One interview with technical manager and supervisor. Consisted of basic questions about education and lab experience and a short quiz (quiz over basic math and chemistry principles - a lot of people report not doing well on this quiz, I don't think it will eliminate your chances of getting hired, but definitely brush up on basic stoichiometry and unit conversions).

Interview Questions

• Which of your college courses had lab components?   Answer Question
    • Draw a diagram of where the meniscus should be when pipetting.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, and was invited to interview 3 weeks after applying. This was 1st and only interview. A short, 45 minute interview with 2 interviewers, which consisted simply of my background and competency based questions, and given tour of the lab. Interviewers were very friendly, allowing me to feel relaxed throughout.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eurofins Scientific (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

They give one interview to the staff and then you are taken to the laboratory. I was then offered the job and told to see the way the laboratory works. They wanted me to stay there the whole shift but because of a problem in the laboratory I never stayed. But I was given a chance to make a colliert tray with 100ml of water mixed in powder. Which is a main part of the water laboratory work. I spoke to others afterwards and they said they were taken to the food laboratory and asked to cut a fruit sample to a certain weight and test it.

Interviewed by two people, the main manager and the team leader. While waiting for the interview sat with others waiting for interview. Interviews tend to recruit several people not just one. There is a unused building across the road where you can park, the road outside the building is normally full of cars. And surrounding roads need a permit otherwise park near willesden junction station and walk down.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking if I would be prepared to do the work saying sample come on a conveyor belt. This is so you expect the worse to stop people leaving job early. No real technical questions. Worth researching MLGA, Colliert and Pipetting for water lab jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A agent phoned and asked if I wanted the job. Each time he called he changed the amount of money offered. Pay went down from £14000 a year to £12500 a year. Another person refused to work for £10000 and got more pay. Negotiate for £14000 which you should get. But you may get £12000 to £13000 otherwise. They will try to get you cheap as possible.