Euromonitor Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Euromonitor Business Development Interview Questions

Interviews at Euromonitor

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

My experience was similar to the other business development person on this review board, The Manager is very dry, monotone, and emotionless, I never got a chance to show my personality. Every time where something came up where we shared something in common or shared a viewpoint, He would just continue the conversation. No laughs, no smiles, no nods, no nothing.

I started with a phone interview with their HR person/Recruiter. She knows very little about the various individual sales teams at the company, but soon found out there was much disconnect between what I was told about the role and the reality of the role. The Manager/Interviewer seemed a little perturbed even though my understanding of the role was based on what his own recrutter.

The manager said a few odd things in the interview. Chief amongst them was he said that Euromonitor is a very laid back culture, very 9-5, which is odd as sales jobs are never laid back or 9-5 jobs. My best guess at the time, was he was setting a trap to see how I would respond, but I did not take the bait and merely thanked him for giving me insight on the company culture.

I found out a week later that I did not get the role, but they said they liked my background and to stay in touch. as they have openings all the time. They keep posting an opening for the position I interviewed for and never filled it (as I know people on the inside). I think they are just interviewing people to test the market and will hire only if they get the perfect candidate

Overall, I just the sense that this company is unsure of its direction, has poor management (or at least management with poor personalities), is unsure if it wishes to hire people, and misleads people during the recruiting and interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• We have a very laid back culture, very 9-5 culture. We are not aggressive sales people, are you comfortable with that.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Euromonitor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was sent over to Euromonitor through a employment agency. They mentioned the role is pretty much the same role as I had previously done for rover 7+ years. Reading up on them, it seems like a good fit and I was open to speaking to them.

I didn’t have an initial phone interview with the HR person (from what I remember now), but by passed to the 1-1 interview because the recruiter was good friends with the HR person at the company. So I was scheduled for an interview a couple of days later with the Sales Manager in charge of the group I’d be working in.

I was a little nervous, but speaking the lingo of what the company did, and what the role entailed was easy. I had done it for years before! I thought it was going well.. he asked me to tell me about myself, and then we went through my education, along with my job history.. all the normal stuff. He was dry, and I kept trying to loosen up, but couldn’t. I had solid answers, but I’m sure my personality couldn’t come out. Towards the end I felt like he thought I lied to him about my experience because I did grow rapidly within the company. He asked me to give him the names and info of my past managers so he could call and verify my information. The interview was about an hour long if not more.

I followed up with a thank you letter and the contact info for my past managers. The recruiter told me I didn’t make it to the next round of interviews. She said “he liked your experience, but found it hard that you were so successful” lol I don’t know what that means.. but that was the end of the interview process for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be successful in this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about you, your past, and where you hope to be in the future..   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Euromonitor (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

fifteen to thirty minute telephone interview or Skype interview with HR. Interviewer was professional and accommodating to understanding experience. Interest was shown in education choices and career goals, selling the options for growth in the company.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Waste of time. Hiring manage didn't follow up. Have to keep chasing for answers. The standard no brainer questions from HR. Wouldn't recommend at all because you would waste your time.