Euromonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Euromonitor

3.1

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview about one week after submitting an application online. The first scheduled phone interview came and went with no call. The HR rep claimed something came up, though I received no email (red flag). The second phone interview was later than we scheduled, but I was called and it lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was mostly focused on getting to know me and a description of the position. Standard questions here. Was contacted the next day to schedule an interview via Skype with a department head. Skype was abandoned and the phone was conducted via telephone. This interview lasted roughly 50 minutes. The questions first focused on my history and then moved to more hypothetical case-specific questions. This interview was followed by a written Excel test. The Excel test was sent to me via email and I was told to complete it at my convenience, though within the stated timeframe (1hr30min). Following the Excel test, I heard nothing for 3 weeks. During that time I sent a few follow-up emails, though I received no response. I eventually called though I was unable to reach anyone. I was then contacted via email saying they decided to go another direction. Ultimately, the process left a lot to be desired from their end.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; Why did you apply for this role? What do you know about Euromonitor? How did you hear about us? What have you learned from prior jobs; Why did you choose your specialization? If tasked with estimating the market size for eggs in the US, how would go about that? What sources would you use? How would you estimate the market value? The Excel test had sets of data and you're asked to calculate growth, CAGR, etc. Some data are missing and you have to calculate/forecast based on other provided data.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Interview

After submitting application I received email to schedule a phone interview in the coming days. Phone interview went well and lasted about 20 minutes or so - the interviewer was very kind.

Research Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR a first I was happy about it because they contacted me out of many applicants . Once I had the interview the interviewer was asking questions and didn't let me talk, she wanted me to go over my resume (typical question) but when I was telling her about my experience she kept interrupting (asking questions) than after explaining her she immediately said that I was not the right fit for the position I was applying for. She didn't let me finish going over my resume (the rest of my resume was related more to the position I applied for).

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume
      Why did you choose this univertisity?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone for an informational/screening interview. I was then contacted to set up a skype interview with a manager and team member. Both interviewers were friendly and cordial. They asked some questions about my resume and background as well as some industry questions. After the interview I was sent a couple of online tests to assess my analytical skills. In a second skype interview, we went through the test results and talked about some of my responses. My third and final interview was in the office in Chicago where I was able to meet several team members and mostly asked questions about the company and work-life balance.

The entire interview process was great. Everyone involved was very friendly and prompt in answering any questions I had. Best of all, when I was told I would receive a call or e-mail by a certain date, I did. I had a very positive experience with this company and was sad to have to turn down the offer for another one. The team members I was able to meet seemed like a great group of people!

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many eggs are sold in the US each year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked mostly just some basic screen questions:
    -Walk me through your resume
    -Why did you choose to go to (X) university?/Pursue (y) major
    -What are your salary expectations?
    -How did you come across our organization?
    -Also asked if I'm currently in the Chicago area (so out-of-towners probably wouldn't get travel reimbursements)

It was a very short screen - about 12 minutes. I assume they're interviewing a large mass of candidates - it almost felt impersonal because of the short length and not even being offered the change to ask questions at the end

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Was e-mailed by HR to schedule a phone interview about 10 days after applying. The phone interview took about 10-15 minutes. She asked me to tell me about herself, walk her through my resume and why I was interested in the company. It was pretty standard, until she asked me what my salary requirements were. Since I recently graduated, I asked her what someone with my background would generally be paid, to which she responded that the company does not usually hire someone "this new". Which was very confusing-- I figured my resume insinuated that I was new to the professional job market. I didn't understand why she interviewed me in the first place and got my hopes up if I was unlikely to be hired in the first place.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Walk me through your resume
      -Why are you interested in Euromonitor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Shortly after applying online I was initially contacted by a HR representative. She asked if I would be interested in conducting an interview over the phone, to which I said yes. The first interview consisted of basic resume questions and after a positive experience, I was invited into the office for a second round, in-person interview.

This interview was conducted by a senior consultant and a younger analyst. The questions started with basic inquisitions about my interest in the field of market research and the company. After these questions, the two went back and fourth asking me case study questions (ex. What would make someone buy Coke, as opposed to other drinks?) This process lasted about an hour, after which I was told that I was going take a basic analysis and math test. I was led into a small room where there was a laptop open with word and excel documents already open with listed questions. These questions tested basic math and analysis skills.

After finishing the test and leaving the interview, I was told to wait back to hear if I would advance to the next round of interviews. I didn't hear back from the company for some time, until I received an email from the HR rep saying they had chosen to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you had to find out how many eggs were sold in the US last year, how would you go about doing this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview by HR. The questions were pretty standard on my background and qualifications and were followed by a hypothetical market sizing question. I was contacted a couple of days later for an in office interview with two managers. Again, the questions were pretty standard, followed by another hypothetical market sizing question (how to size the market for eggs in a given country). This was followed by several skills test: Spanish conversation, writing an email in Spanish (I applied for a job covering LatAm markets), writing analysis of the growth of the tobacco industry based on data supplied, and an math test in Excel. I was not prepared for the tests as I was not told in advance about them, but did not find them to be too challenging. The whole process took about 2 hours (interview + tests). I was called back about a week later for the final interview with the same two managers. I was asked more questions about my background and ability to manage people and also asked a few more marketing/product placement type questions. I was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine how many eggs are sold in a country in a given year? What sources would you use, what assumptions would you make? Why would you use those sources? How long do you think it would take to complete this type of study?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for a Research position at Euromonitor's Chicago office in the winter of 2012-2013. They contacted me within about ten days after I applied and scheduled me for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was fairly straight forward: tell me about yourself/go through your resume/why are you interested in Euromonitor/what do you hope to gain/etc. At the end, I was scheduled to come in to the Chicago office the following week.

The first in-person interview was fairly straight forward as well. I met with two mid-level managers who asked me some of the same questions. My next task was to walk them through how I would approach estimating the market size of a few common household products, as well as how I think about certain well-known product brands. The next task was to provide some written analysis on a data set and to do some basic spreadsheet work on Excel. The whole interview took two hours.

I was called in for a second round interview two weeks later. I met with two more mid-level research managers who asked me some of the same questions, as well as my expected trajectory within the organization. I did another basic case question and a few behavioral questions including what to do if I and my client reach different conclusions regarding business strategy. They answered questions and showed me some of the software they use on a daily basis. I then met with two junior analysts who answered a few more questions. The whole process took two and a half hours.

Finally, they called asking for references and my transcripts. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how one might estimate the market size for a number of common consumer products and walk the interviewers through your thought processes. Name five or six sources where you might obtain data for this exercise.   Answer Question

They offered me a comfortable starting salary, but I received another (for less money) that more aligned with my ideal career interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview, typical questions regarding salary expectations, interest in the company, current role. I was then directed to take an excel exam which consisted of about 7 problems involving market data calculations. After had a skype interview with two of the research leads. After the skype interview was an in-person interview at their office talking again to two research leads and the research manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how I would go about calculating market size in various situations.   Answer Question