Euromonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Euromonitor

3.1

Business Development Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First a phone screen with internal recruiter. Then an in person interview with a manager or director. Third phase was a role play. It is definitely intimidating and takes a lot of time to prep for, but really gives you a good understanding of what the company does so you aren't blind sided when you start. Third phase was 3 hours long. Final and last stage was a lunch, which I'm not sure is very common.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions around background and experience. The role play questions will be specific to how you came up with your findings and what you thought was interesting in Passport (the platform/software) we sell.   1 Answer

CG Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

My qualifications were a bit over the role I was applying for - I come from a much better market intelligence firm where I was leaving due to being passed up on a promotion. So when I was asked random questions that were based on market research speculation, I answered it poorly curious as to if it was a joke because the questions a) were so poorly worded b) the condescension behind it. This is low level firm acting like they're Google (but without the benefits). It seemed condescending to ask these types of questions. The people who interviewed me seemed like brand new managers (I could be wrong). They were both very insecure and indirect. They also stepped on one another during the interview process. I'm lucky I didn't get it, because I got a much higher offer doing less work elsewhere, but, I will never forget the bumbling dual management interview, with the condescending questions that came from a firm with no right to be.

Interview Questions

• If you had to figure out how many people drink X in this country how would you do it? The way the question was worded was confusing because where I come from we have various sources and products and cross products and systems to use to gather data. So we can work anywhere. But Euromonitor has no system or product other than it's own in house product. So when I suggested using Google they said that was not correct. However, when I suggested using common used software and algorithmic solutions - they were clueless. So I'm not sure how to answer that other than imply a breakdown of markets. But I didn't think they'd want that given they have no software or methodology to measure it off of anyway. Again, I'm lucky not to work there.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

I found the position on LinkedIn, but I applied on the corporate careers page. About a week or two later, I received an email from HR to set up a phone screen. Following the phone screen, I came in for an in-person interview. I believe they will interview over Skype for the right candidates. Questions are no-nonsense, and it will depend on the role and manager. The third phase, to my knowledge, always includes a case study. The case study, which is (rightly so) time consuming and difficult, consists of several questions and will depend on the position you applied for, but it's a great opportunity to showcase what you can do. You will then present your work in the third round and answer any additional questions along the way. Overall, the process was pleasant, seamless and HR was always responsive, which was greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

1. 30-minute phone interview
    2. 40-minute in-person interview with three managers
    3. 1-hour presentation on Passport and a consulting case study to assess command of Passport and ability to ask pertinent questions to potential clients to discover opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of making cold-calls to find prospects?   1 Answer

Incountry Analyst Interview

Interview

I was recommended by a friend because they had a rendition of a previous project. They e-mailed me, asking for my CV and availability, then I had to complete a short excel test and have a short interview on Skype with my boss. He basically inquired about my availability and walked me through the process of dealing with the data.

Interview Questions

• In the excel test, I was supposed to formulate give reasons why the fizzy drinks market in my country had the tendencies it did.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Euromonitor in May 2012.

Interview

Very friendly and talented human resources contact. Tough technical test in word and excel. Analysis of different markets like for example alcoholic drinks and tobacco consumption. The excel was merely about economic indicators, formulas and percentages of market shares

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

Typical phone screen followed with a technical screen with two employees, manager and another member of the Executive technical line. I applied to a position in the US and the two employees were located in London and Chile. With my background in this field, I could have easily done this job. I asked a few questions regarding networking an the ability to grow in the company and they said yes that is surely a possibility. However I go a call the next day from HR and was told I was looking too much into networking and didn't show interest. That is false, I showed motivation and dedication to this career path. Not to mention, the compensation package was ma 35k.. really low for the work you would be engaging in. Overall, do not waste your time here. I ended up getting an offer for a company I had interned with that is true to their employers unlike Euromonitor International. If your really looking to grow, you will know by the interview process what the company culture is like, either you are there just to do work or you are there to build yourself to fulfill future goals for the company.

Global Market Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

Was asked basic interviewing questions about my interest in the position and my experience via Skype. Was then sent an Excel file to work through. Did this twice, then was asked into a meeting with the recruiter. I responded with my availability, and she never responded.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding the information for X product? Walk us through step by step.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Euromonitor (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone.
    After that they sent me an excel file with a test for mathematical skills and another for reasoning and knowledge. For me the reasoning was average and the math was above average but not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• At the phone interview they just asked me about my current job, my experience at one of my previous jobs, nothing out of the ordinary. At the math test they ask you to find missing values, basically algebra, then to project sales, and justify your method.
      At the reasoning test they ask you to research the sales of a specific product and give your opinion about its performance during a certain period of time. Questions about your opinion on market conditions and what do you think is going to happen in the future. So far I haven't received an answer.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

First round: 1.5 hr numerical+verbal test, then another 1.5 hr of behavioral interview and brief case studies. The interviewer was testing the candidate's general knowledge on market research.
    Second round: Presented a previously-assigned project, on FMCG market analysis. Then another hour of interview- more like discussions on probable situations that an employee would encounter, and how to handle it. At this phase, the interviewer was evaluating whether the candidate fits the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Technical question: market size statistics provided by trade associations are usually smaller than statistics collected from other channels. Please give one possible reason for this.   1 Answer