Euromonitor Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Euromonitor Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Euromonitor

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and 2 in-person interviews. Phone screen was basic and reviewed my CV and asked about my interest in the role/company. In person interviews focused more on my skills and background and went through some consulting case-style questions.

Interview Questions

• How many refrigerators were sold in Ecuador last year?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Euromonitor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview, typical questions regarding salary expectations, interest in the company, current role. I was then directed to take an excel exam which consisted of about 7 problems involving market data calculations. After had a skype interview with two of the research leads. After the skype interview was an in-person interview at their office talking again to two research leads and the research manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how I would go about calculating market size in various situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening with the recruiter, which was very basic. Then, there was an "excel assessment", which is a math test. It checks your ability to calculate growth, per capitas, market shares, etc.
    Over a month later, they asked me in for an interview. Two research managers asked me about my background, had me so some analytical exercises, and had me write about a data set. I did not make it past this stage.

Everyone I interacted with was nice, helpful, and pleasant. However, it the length was very frustrating. Time from application to rejection was more than two months. I didn't feel like they respected my time, especially considering they knew that I had other offers on the table.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor in June 2018.

Interview

The whole interview process took 4 weeks. First there is a call screening. If they like you, you are invited for an in-person interview. There are also a couple of tests that you have to complete throughout the interview process. These tests covered basic math and writing skills, nothing very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Was e-mailed by HR to schedule a phone interview about 10 days after applying. The phone interview took about 10-15 minutes. She asked me to tell me about herself, walk her through my resume and why I was interested in the company. It was pretty standard, until she asked me what my salary requirements were. Since I recently graduated, I asked her what someone with my background would generally be paid, to which she responded that the company does not usually hire someone "this new". Which was very confusing-- I figured my resume insinuated that I was new to the professional job market. I didn't understand why she interviewed me in the first place and got my hopes up if I was unlikely to be hired in the first place.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Walk me through your resume
      -Why are you interested in Euromonitor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked mostly just some basic screen questions:
    -Walk me through your resume
    -Why did you choose to go to (X) university?/Pursue (y) major
    -What are your salary expectations?
    -How did you come across our organization?
    -Also asked if I'm currently in the Chicago area (so out-of-towners probably wouldn't get travel reimbursements)

It was a very short screen - about 12 minutes. I assume they're interviewing a large mass of candidates - it almost felt impersonal because of the short length and not even being offered the change to ask questions at the end

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview by HR. The questions were pretty standard on my background and qualifications and were followed by a hypothetical market sizing question. I was contacted a couple of days later for an in office interview with two managers. Again, the questions were pretty standard, followed by another hypothetical market sizing question (how to size the market for eggs in a given country). This was followed by several skills test: Spanish conversation, writing an email in Spanish (I applied for a job covering LatAm markets), writing analysis of the growth of the tobacco industry based on data supplied, and an math test in Excel. I was not prepared for the tests as I was not told in advance about them, but did not find them to be too challenging. The whole process took about 2 hours (interview + tests). I was called back about a week later for the final interview with the same two managers. I was asked more questions about my background and ability to manage people and also asked a few more marketing/product placement type questions. I was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine how many eggs are sold in a country in a given year? What sources would you use, what assumptions would you make? Why would you use those sources? How long do you think it would take to complete this type of study?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Shortly after applying online I was initially contacted by a HR representative. She asked if I would be interested in conducting an interview over the phone, to which I said yes. The first interview consisted of basic resume questions and after a positive experience, I was invited into the office for a second round, in-person interview.

This interview was conducted by a senior consultant and a younger analyst. The questions started with basic inquisitions about my interest in the field of market research and the company. After these questions, the two went back and fourth asking me case study questions (ex. What would make someone buy Coke, as opposed to other drinks?) This process lasted about an hour, after which I was told that I was going take a basic analysis and math test. I was led into a small room where there was a laptop open with word and excel documents already open with listed questions. These questions tested basic math and analysis skills.

After finishing the test and leaving the interview, I was told to wait back to hear if I would advance to the next round of interviews. I didn't hear back from the company for some time, until I received an email from the HR rep saying they had chosen to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you had to find out how many eggs were sold in the US last year, how would you go about doing this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for a Research position at Euromonitor's Chicago office in the winter of 2012-2013. They contacted me within about ten days after I applied and scheduled me for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was fairly straight forward: tell me about yourself/go through your resume/why are you interested in Euromonitor/what do you hope to gain/etc. At the end, I was scheduled to come in to the Chicago office the following week.

The first in-person interview was fairly straight forward as well. I met with two mid-level managers who asked me some of the same questions. My next task was to walk them through how I would approach estimating the market size of a few common household products, as well as how I think about certain well-known product brands. The next task was to provide some written analysis on a data set and to do some basic spreadsheet work on Excel. The whole interview took two hours.

I was called in for a second round interview two weeks later. I met with two more mid-level research managers who asked me some of the same questions, as well as my expected trajectory within the organization. I did another basic case question and a few behavioral questions including what to do if I and my client reach different conclusions regarding business strategy. They answered questions and showed me some of the software they use on a daily basis. I then met with two junior analysts who answered a few more questions. The whole process took two and a half hours.

Finally, they called asking for references and my transcripts. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how one might estimate the market size for a number of common consumer products and walk the interviewers through your thought processes. Name five or six sources where you might obtain data for this exercise.   Answer Question

They offered me a comfortable starting salary, but I received another (for less money) that more aligned with my ideal career interests.

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

3 rounds of interview

round 1 - phone call by HR, typically screening questions such as how your past experience relates to the role, why euromonitor, why the role etc

round 2 - 2.5 hours interview, first hour is an excel test interpreting data and some basic calculations/ percentage conversions, second part is interview with research analyst and one HR personnel

round 3 (final round) - 2.5 hours interview again, first hour is market size calculation test, second half is interview with two higher up research managers going through your answers for the test

Interview Questions

• mainly questions relating to obtaining data - how would you go about it if you're unable to obtain key information, about reliability of sources of data   2 Answers