Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After an initial skills test and Skype interview, I received an in person interview. The first half I spent interviewing with the possible Director, along with an HR representative. The second half was spent in an informal interview with who my possible team would be. Very straight forward and very conversation based. All were very welcoming and easy to converse with.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked how my past experiences correlated with the job I was applying for, what I would change about what they already do,etc   Answer Question

Junior Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (Rosemont, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took approximately 3 weeks through directly working through the staffing agency. I received instant feedback after 2 rounds and of phone interviews and 1 1/2 face-to-face interviews. The experience overall unsatisfactory as the interviews could have could have been better streamlined. I was strongly considered for the role initially. In my final interview I was instructed to complete a skills test and meet the Director of IT. However, I failed the test and quickly escorted out by the IT Manager without so much of an meeting with Director or we'll be in contact. By far the worst interview experience ever.

Interview Questions

• How much SharePoint experience do I have? I made sure I told the IT Manager that my VB.net skills were very limited but willing to learn more in my initial phone interview. He assured me that it perfectly ok and great that I'm open to learning the language.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I found the job on the ELCA career site and applied online. I heard back via email about six weeks later, asking for an in-person interview. They flew me into Chicago, and I had an in-person interview with the team and an HR person that lasted about 90 minutes. I heard back a few days later and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a higher salary than I expected so I just smiled and said yes!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.

Interview

Overall, enjoyable. The people that interviewed me were so nice and actually interested in getting to know me. Their questions enabled me to talk comfortably. The interview went to well that they offered me the position within a day and I was happy to success. One of the best interviews I've had.