Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society

2.6

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Roseville, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with HR Manager and Sales Consultant. Later a second interview with the Executive Manager. The Sales Consultant asked most of the questions with the HR manager adding thoughts if she deemed necessary. Questions were very wordy and hard to follow, sometimes going on for minutes without an actual question being asked. Sales Consultant seemed condescending rather than helpful or inquisitive. Second interview with Executive Manager went well, short and sweet. She did an overview of what the job was and the qualifications. I was offered the job on the spot at second interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider this job a step down from your current position?   2 Answers

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Greeley, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

A lady called and left a message with one date and one time to interview. Did not say who I would be interviewing with and said to call back to make sure I could make it. I called back and left a message saying I could make that time and ask if the location I found on the website is where the interview was going to be. I also asked if there is anything specific for me to bring to the interview. Never got a call back and I showed up on the date and time at the location I found on the internet.
    I told the receptionist that I was here for the Staffing Coordinator interview and she shoved a clipboard in my face and said "fill this out." The paperwork I filled out was basics (address, phone, etc.) which was annoying because I filled out all this on the application online. It also asked for my SSN which I found discomforting writing my SSN on this paper that had all of my information for a company that has never even seen me.

The Director of Nursing came and we went to a conference room. On the way to the conference room he told me he hasn't looked at my application yet. I asked if he would like a copy of my resume and he said I don't think so, I think it is on the application you filled out. We sat down and asked me to go over my resume. I went over my history, then he asked me how my computer skills are. I told him all the systems I have worked with before and he wrote on his piece of paper "OK," under the question about my computer skills.

He asked me what would I do on a Friday afternoon if a CNA or Nurse called in sick. I answered, ask people to do a double, call PRN, call other people that might want an extra shift, and then call an agency.

After the last question he told me he doesn't want to be involved in the schedulers duties and he doesn't want phone calls on the weekends. After that I asked some questions and the interview was over.

Shortest interview I have ever had. I felt that they were required to interview a certain number of outsiders for this position and I was just a number. The director of nursing gave me the feeling that he didn't care. I practiced and researched before the interview but was never given the opportunity to shine. Overall, it was a very awkward and I got the feeling that they didn't care. If I am offered this job I will not accept because I want to work somewhere that has more heart then the feeling I got.

Interview Questions

• Only two questions were asked by the Director of Nursing and they are easy answers.
      1. Are you good with computers?
      2. If it is Friday and a nurse or CNA call in sick what do you do?   1 Answer

Staff Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Ottumwa, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was weird. I showed up a few minutes early to make sure I found where I was going. The Administrator sent me to wait on the couch and then called on a radio that "the interview is SO early" and I was immediately annoyed. I was less than 10 minutes early. She had a conference call, fine, but sent me to interview with someone else. It was 20 minutes of pre-written questions that I don't believe got my full story. The woman interviewing me did not write down what I said accurately and I felt very misrepresented. I was displeased overall. Frankly I am not very upset I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have had attendance issues.   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2018.

Interview

Replied to HRC add, only to see the same position the next day with far more additional duties for the same amount of pay. Not very professional, let alone ethical considering the pay rate was the exact same. Two job duties description with the same pay as HRC. Shady.

Interview Questions

• Changing the job description without notice.   1 Answer

Dietary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Kissimmee, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

People are very nice, very helpful show that you are respectable and job is in sights.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with people can you get along with fellow employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interviewer very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Fargo, ND).

Interview

Had an interview over the phone that didn’t even last 15 minutes. Was told they’d get back to me by the end of the day. Still waiting. I understand if I did not get the position, but it would be nice to be told either way so I can start pursuing other offers.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society in May 2014.

Interview

Super easy and fast. I spoke with Patti from HR. She is very nice. Out of any staff there she is the Best! She is very professional! She's honest and will help you with any question.

Anonymous Employee in Prescott Valley, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Prescott Valley, AZ).

Interview

hiring process was great, nothing hard. Upper management were eager for new employees and i felt welcomed. This is a great place to start as a CNA to get experience. the DON at the time was very open, and mad the interview process easy. We went through general things basically on what to expect if I would start working such as policy and procedures

Interview Questions

• basic questions on how long i been working in the field   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society in December 2014.

Interview

arrived 15 min early, waited another 45 min to get the process started. Interview was quick. DON had asked repetitive questions, which made it frustrating since it was almost impossible to answer it any differently.

Director of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silverton, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (Silverton, ID) in January 2019.

Interview

Several initial phone interviews, application process online, and in person interview with Administrator and Director of Human Resources. Since I was arriving from out of town, the Administrator was very accommodating and offered to do a virtual " Skype type" interview with the director of HR but I was so excited about the position and wanted to visit the area, that I traveled from several states away to greet them in person. The interview was appropriate and professional. I felt welcome and comfortable during the entire process and knew that this was the perfect fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Good Samaritan Society?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been charged with elder abuse or neglect?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond the typical level of care to help a resident, family member or co-worker?   Answer Question